PARSIPPANY, N.J., Oct. 20, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Avis Car Rental is now receiving thousands of brand-new, model-year 2016 vehicles for its U.S. rental fleet, giving Avis a wider variety of vehicles than ever to fulfill virtually any rental need.
“We can offer our business and leisure travelers a number of vehicle choices that are arriving at Avis locations starting this year and throughout 2016,” said Joe Ferraro, president, Americas, Avis Budget Group. “And veteran travelers know that Avis reservations can be managed easily and quickly anywhere at any time via the Avis mobile application.”
Highlights of the Avis model-year 2016 fleet in the United States include:
- Toyota Land Cruiser: Avis is offering Toyota’s ultimate SUV in its U.S. fleet for the first time. The 2016 vehicle features a spacious interior with seating for eight passengers, and is powered by a 5.7-liter V8 engine that delivers 381 horsepower.
- Chevrolet Camaro SS: The Camaro SS, the newest version of the legendary Chevy muscle car, will be available from Avis in both hard-top as well as convertible models, featuring the fully electronic convertible top that lowers with a touch of the key fob or the overhead console button, even while moving at low speed. Avis will also offer the redesigned Chevrolet Cruze and Chevrolet Malibu.
- Infiniti Q50: The 2016 version of Infiniti's sport sedan, with a 3.7-liter V6 engine delivering 226 horsepower, offers rack-and-pinion steering, double-wishbone front suspension and multi-link rear suspension for a road-hugging responsive ride.
- Lincoln MKX: The redesigned luxury crossover from Lincoln offers business travelers a quiet ride through the vehicle’s active noise control feature, which uses inverted canceling sound waves to help reduce unwanted noise.
- Mercedes SLK Coupe: Swift and agile, this two-seater offers the ultimate in sporty styling, elegant interior detail and amenities, and is simply a great car for enjoying the ride. Among the car’s superior engineering features is the sport-tuned suspension, with firmer coil springs and shock absorbers as well as a lowered ride height, for sharper handling response and a more aggressive stance.
- Toyota Prius II: The all-new fourth-generation Prius is more fuel-efficient than ever, with added interior space for comfort and a new double-wishbone rear suspension that enhances handling, blending best-in-class fuel economy (55 mpg, combined) with improved performance.
New model-year 2016 vehicles are available from Avis Car Rental at the nation’s top airports and at metropolitan locations in major markets.
“Our customers are often looking for more than a way to get from point A to point B,” said Mr. Ferraro. “Whether it’s a quieter ride that better facilitates an important conversation while on the road, or the kind of dramatic first impression that can be made by showing up at an important event in a brand-new luxury vehicle, Avis has the perfect car. And savvy travelers know that by taking advantage of Avis’ time-saving amenities such as eToll electronic toll collection or Where2 GPS navigation, drivers can avoid traffic and tollbooth delays to enhance productivity while on the road.”
Avis Car Rental operates one of the world’s best-known car rental brands with approximately 5,450 locations in more than 165 countries. Avis has a long history of innovation in the car rental industry and is one of the world's top brands for customer loyalty. Avis is owned by Avis Budget Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:CAR), which operates and licenses the brand throughout the world. For more information, visit www.avis.com.
Contact: Alice Pereira 973.496.3916 PR@avisbudget.com
Source: Avis Car Rental