ROCKVILLE, Md., Oct. 21, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The Regulatory Affairs Professionals Society (RAPS) today announced its 2015 class of RAPS Fellows. The Fellows will be honored Monday, 26 October, during the opening plenary of RAPS' Regulatory Convergence conference in Baltimore. The Convergence is the largest annual gathering of the global healthcare regulatory community.
The RAPS Fellows program recognizes senior regulatory professionals for their continued contributions and leadership toward the advancement of the profession and the professional.
"The honor of being named a RAPS Fellow denotes significant accomplishment in the regulatory profession," said RAPS Executive Director Sherry Keramidas, PhD, FASAE, CAE. "This year's honorees are seasoned leaders who have all demonstrated fierce dedication to regulatory excellence in their careers. As Fellows, we will look to them as important resources for knowledge and guidance."
The 2015 RAPS Fellows are:
• Patricia Anderson, RAC, vice president, regulatory service, MAPI
• Karen Bannick McQuoid, RAC, principal and founder, Bannick Consulting LLC
• Gert Bos, head of regulatory and clinical affairs, BSI Notified Body
• Arthur Brandwood, chief executive officer, Brandwood Biomedical
• Sabina Hoekstra-van den Bosch, PharmD, senior manager, regulations and standards, Philips
• Claudia Ising, RAC, head of regulatory affairs, Lohmann & Rauscher GmbH & Co.
• Margaret Mucha, RAC, director of global regulatory affairs, Mortara Instruments Inc.
• Jennifer Paine, RAC, executive vice president, worldwide quality, regulatory and compliance, Ortho Clinical Diagnostics Inc.
• Heather Rosecrans, executive vice president, medical devices and combination products, GreenLeaf Health LLC
• Marcela Saad, RAC, president and senior consultant, MarcM Consulting Canada
More information about the Regulatory Convergence and a complete agenda of sessions and events is available at www.raps.org/2015. The Twitter hashtag for the conference is #2015RAPS.
Members of the working media who wish to cover all or part of the Regulatory Convergence should contact Zachary Brousseau, senior manager, communications for RAPS at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 301 770 2920, ext. 245. On-site registration also will be available for media with valid press credentials or a letter from an assigning editor on company letterhead.
The Regulatory Affairs Professionals Society (RAPS) is the largest global organization of and for those involved with the regulation of healthcare and related products, including medical devices, pharmaceuticals, biologics and nutritional products. Founded in 1976, RAPS helped establish the regulatory profession and continues to actively support the professional and lead the profession as a neutral, non-lobbying nonprofit organization. RAPS offers education and training, professional standards, publications, research, knowledge sharing, networking, career development opportunities and other valuable resources, including Regulatory Affairs Certification (RAC), the only post-academic professional credential to recognize regulatory excellence. RAPS is headquartered in suburban Washington, DC, with offices in Shanghai and Singapore, and chapters and affiliates worldwide. www.RAPS.org
CONTACT: Zachary Brousseau Senior Manager, Communications Regulatory Affairs Professionals Society (RAPS) +1 301 770 2920, ext. 245 email@example.comSource:Regulatory Affairs Professionals Society