Albany - NY, Oct. 21, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Glaucoma is a leading cause of preventable blindness globally. This chronic progressive optic neuropathy causes irreversible vision loss through damage to the optic nerve. There are currently no treatments that can directly prevent this damage, and all commercially available glaucoma therapies focus on lowering elevated intraocular pressure (IOP), a known risk factor for glaucoma development and progression. The launch of fixed-dose combination (FDC) products, which combine drugs from these various classes, will continue to be a source of significant growth in this market. The glaucoma market is about to enter a phase of new growth with the arrival of first-in-class drugs, such as Aeries Rhopressa, Bausch & Lombs Vesneo (latanoprost bunod), and Inoteks trabodenoson into the 7MM during the forecast period, which will generate additional growth in the global glaucoma market.
Get Sample Research Report: http://www.researchmoz.us/enquiry.php?type=S&repid=318824
Key Questions Answered
- The glaucoma market has been dominated by prostaglandin analogue (PGA) drugs in the last decade. New classes of drugs are anticipated the reach the market within the forecast period. How will these change the position the PGA drugs hold during the forecast period? Will these drugs maintain their market dominance in 2023?
- The current late stage glaucoma pipeline is varied, with first-in-class drugs in development with innovative modes of action. Which of these will have the biggest impact on the market? What strategies are developers undertaking to penetrate this crowded and highly generic market? Will these fulfil any unmet needs?
- Population aging is occurring in almost all countries worldwide, particularly in the 7MM. This is expected to have a significant impact on the prevalence of age-related diseases such as glaucoma. How will epidemiological changes impact the growth of the future market?
The main driver of growth in the glaucoma market will be the introduction of first-in-class drugs over the forecast period. The launch of three first-in-class therapies will grow this market. New fixed-dose drugs entering the 7MM will also act as a stimulant for growth.
The biggest barrier for growth in the glaucoma market will be the increasing use of generic latanoprost across the 7MM. The low cost of this therapy will increase the pressure on new drugs hoping to enter these markets to show drug cost-effectivness. This is likely to have a negative impact on these markets, as regulatory bodies are adopting stricter criterial for new drug approvals and reimbursement listing.
The largest unmet needs mainly reflect the notorious problem of poor patient adherence to therapy. Simplifying dosing regimens is an important consideration for companies developing drugs to treat these patients.
- Overview of glaucoma, including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment guidelines.
- Annualized Glaucoma market revenue, annual cost of therapy and treatment usage pattern data from 2013 and forecast for ten years to 2023.
- Key topics covered include market characterization, unmet needs, R&D and clinical trials assessment, late stage clinical trial analysis and implications for the glaucoma therapeutics market.
- Pipeline analysis: focus on the eight late-stage pipeline glaucoma drugs discussing emerging trends as well as overview of earlier phase drugs.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global glaucoma therapeutics market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Reasons to buy
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline. Additionally a list of acquisition targets included in the pipeline product company list.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global glaucoma therapeutics market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global glaucoma therapeutics market in future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analysing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Track drug sales in the global glaucoma therapeutics market from 2013-2023.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
Browse all reports of Pharmaceutical category at: http://www.researchmoz.us/pharmaceutical-market-reports-38.html
ResearchMoz is the world's fastest growing collection of market research reports worldwide. Our database is composed of current market studies from over 100 featured publishers worldwide. Our market research databases integrate statistics with analysis from global, regional, country and company perspectives. ResearchMoz's service portfolio also includes value-added services such as market research customization, competitive landscaping, and in-depth surveys, delivered by a team of experienced Research Coordinators.
CONTACT: Mr. Nachiket Ghumare State Tower, 90 State Street, Suite 700, Albany NY - 12207 United States Tel: +1-518-621-2074 USA - Canada Toll Free: 866-997-4948 Website: http://www.researchmoz.us/
Source:Researchmoz Global Pvt Ltd