IRVINE, Calif., Oct. 21, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- A series of technical seminars exploring the latest advances in inductively coupled plasma optical emission spectrometry (ICP-OES) and X-ray fluorescence (XRF) spectroscopy hosted by SPECTRO Analytical Instruments, Inc. and CEM Corporation, two leaders in atomic spectroscopy and microwave digestion, are scheduled for October and November in seven western U.S. cities.
As the field of spectroscopy continually advances, the seminars afford lab managers, scientists, technicians, and other professionals the opportunity to get an up-to-date overview of the latest advances in spectroscopy technology and supporting processes from experts dedicated to the field. The seminars’ interactive format will enable attendees to discuss their applications and issues, learn practical tips, and see how peers are leveraging these technologies to improve their own analyses.
Titled “The SPECTRO/CEM Seminar Tour: The latest technical advances in ICP-OES and XRF spectroscopy,” the morning-long seminar will include such topics as: “Latest Advances in ICP Technology for Diverse Applications,” “Energy Dispersive XRF Systems as Versatile Tool for Industry, Academia and Regulatory Applications,” and “Using Microwave Digestion to Optimize Your Laboratory’s Work Flow.” Small group discussions will highlight applications in ICP, Microwave Digestion, and XRF; an overview of SPECTRO and CEM instrumentation will be featured; and a continental breakfast provided.
The seminars will take place from 8 a.m. to noon at:
- Phoenix, AZ (Tuesday, Oct. 27) Holiday Inn & Suites Phoenix Airport, 3220 S. 48th Street, Phoenix, AZ 85040
- Buena Park, CA (Thursday, Oct. 29) Courtyard Anaheim Buena Park, 7621 Beach Boulevard Buena Park, CA 90620
- Union City, CA (Tuesday, Nov. 3) Crowne Plaza Silicon Valley, 32083 Alvarado Niles Rd, Union City, CA 94587
- W- Reno, NV (Wednesday, Nov. 4) Hyatt Place Reno Tahoe Airport, 1790 East Plumb Lane, Reno, Nevada, USA, 89502
- Portland, OR (Friday, Nov. 6) Courtyard Portland Downtown Convention Center, 435 NE Wasco Street, Portland, Oregon 97232
- Richland, WA (Tuesday, Nov. 10) Courtyard by Marriott, Richland Columbia Point, 480 Columbia Point Drive, Richland, WA 99352
- Westminster, CO (Thursday, Nov. 12) Double Tree Hotel, 8773 Yates Dr, Westminster, CO 80031
Registration is limited to the first 35 registrants for each location. The agenda is designed to best benefit laboratory managers, directors and supervisors; scientists, principal investigators and project leaders; post-doctoral fellows, professors and instructors; and technicians and research assistants.
For more information or to register, visit http://goo.gl/t8hSXY.
SPECTRO, a unit of the Materials Analysis Division of AMETEK, Inc., manufactures advanced instruments, develops the best solutions for elemental analysis for a broad range of applications, and provides exemplary customer service.
SPECTRO’s products are known for their superior technical capabilities that deliver measurable benefits to the customer. From its foundation in 1979 until today, more than 40,000 analytical instruments have been delivered to customers around the world.
AMETEK, Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical products with more than 15,000 colleagues at nearly 150 operating locations and sales and service operations in the United States and 30 other countries around the world.
Note to Editors: Press contact: USA: Don Goncalves, Tel: +1-781-793-9380 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Source:SPECTRO Analytical Instruments Inc.