San Francisco, Oct. 28, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) --
Growing application scope of these equipments is estimated to drive industry growth. Increasing installation of safety features such as accident data recorder system, alcohol ignition interlocks, and emergency call system are anticipated to boost automotive electronics market demand. Strong focus of automotive manufacturers on adopting high-volume mainstream implementations has led modifications in regulatory framework. Furthermore, emergence of lithium-ion battery cooling capabilities along with electronic compressors for electric and hybrid vehicles is being optimized to reduce product costs associated with emission controls.
Lack of understanding regarding interplay of subsystems and improper OEM management process is anticipated to hider the industry growth. However, preventive measures taken by numerous countries to curb the number of fatalities are likely to provide significant opportunities to industry players.
Safety systems accounted for significant global Automotive Electronics Market share in 2013, with valuation forecast of USD 79.70 billion by 2020, growing at a CAGR of over 8.4%. ADAS accounted for over 10% industry share in 2013, and is projected to be valued at USD 41.34 by 2020. The growth can be credited to regulatory norms on mandatory ADAS deployment along with growing installation of active safety systems in low budget cars.
Key report insights suggest:
- In 2013, global automotive electronics market size was valued at USD 161.55 billion and it is anticipated to reach USD 279.96 billion by 2020, with gains of 8.2% from 2014 to 2020.
- Asia Pacific dominated the regional demand with an estimated industry manufacturing cost, growing demand for tailored features in vehicles and improving product quality. North America was valued at USD 38.69 billion in 2013. The region is expected to account for 24.3% of the overall market share due to rising customer demand for safety along with increasing comfort and convenience needs.
- Body electronics were valued at USD 34.86 billion in 2013 and are forecast to grow at a CAGR of 6.2% up to 2020. The spur in the segment can be attributed to distinctive features provided namely low power consumption, enhanced communications and safety-relevant functionality.
- Powertrain accounted for 21.57% of share in 2013. It is anticipated to be valued at USD 50.08 billion by 2020. The surge in the segment can be accredited to flourishing need for ECU production in order to meet emission norms, cost effectiveness and better drivability.
- The automotive electronics industry displays high concentration on a global level, with top two industry participants occupying majority of the market share. Continental AG and Bosch were the foremost industry players. Some other key industry players include Denso, Delphi, ZF Friedrichshafen and TRW.
The report “Automotive Electronics Market Size, Share, Report 2020” is available now to Radiant Insights customers and can also be purchased directly at
Global Automotive Electronics Application Overview (Revenue, USD Billion, 2012 - 2020)
- Advanced Driver Assistance System (ADAS)
- Body Electronics
- Safety Systems
Browse All Reports of This Category at: http://www.radiantinsights.com/catalog/parts-and-suppliers
Global Automotive Electronics Regional Overview (Revenue, USD Billion, 2012 - 2020)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
Related reports by Radiant Insights:
- Aerospace Plastics Market –
- Geotextile Market –
About Radiant Insights
Radiant Insights is a market research and consulting company offering syndicated research studies, customized reports, and consulting services. Our market research studies are designed to facilitate strategic decision making, on the basis of extensive and in-depth quantitative information, supported by extensive analysis and industry insights. Using a patented and robust research methodology, we publish exhaustive research reports covering a host of industries such as Technology, Chemicals, Materials, and Energy.Radiant Insights has a strong base of analysts, consultants and domain experts, with global experience helping us deliver excellence in all research projects we undertake.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Radiant Insights, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Source: Radiant Insights