- Mitel LTE innovations include the world's first commercial Voice over LTE (VoLTE) launch
- Mitel's Voice over WiFi (VoWiFi) and other mobile solutions enable rapid service deployment for first-to-market advantage
- The company also holds records for industry firsts in Rich Communications Services (RCS) and Network Functions Virtualization (NFV)
OTTAWA, Oct. 29, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Mitel® (Nasdaq:MITL) (TSX:MNW), a global leader in real-time business, cloud and mobile communications, won the "Most Innovative LTE Application/Service" award for its VoLTE solution during the LTE Asia 2015 event held in Singapore as part of the LTE World Series.
Having played a critical role in the world's first VoLTE launch with T-Mobile US, Mitel continues to attract leading mobile operators seeking to leverage 4G LTE technology to fuel new services and new user experiences. Mitel also supported the T-Mobile US VoWiFi launch—the first of its kind in North America—and similar first-to-market WiFi calling services in Europe and Australia.
As mobile operators face intense competition from disruptive market players and over-the-top application services, Mitel's software-only VoLTE solution allows rapid deployment optimized for driving continuous service innovation and new revenue opportunities. The solution also supports multi-device service delivery giving operators the ability to offer a richer suite of integrated IP services across all access points and devices, regardless of access network technology.
In addition to this year's LTE Asia award, Mitel previously earned recognition at the LTE Asia 2014 event where its RCS based on NFV solution won "NFV Innovation of the Year."
"VoLTE lays the foundation for innovations such as Video over LTE, RCS and VoWiFi services, so a successful migration of voice to VoLTE is critical," said Pardeep Kohli, president of Mitel's Mobile Division. "Mitel's VoLTE addresses key challenges operators face in transitioning to an all-IP LTE network while preserving existing service. Our unique approach enables seamless migration of subscribers and rapid service adoption, allowing carriers to more quickly realize the competitive and operational benefits of their VoLTE deployment."
- Mitel earned another mobile technology award for "NFV Innovation of the Year" at the 2015 Network Virtualization Industry Awards in London
- Mitel enabled the industry's first VoLTE service, first IMS VoWiFi application, first RCSe and first NFV-based IMS implementation
- Mitel customers include 15 of the top 20 mobile carriers in the world
- See our new video to find out "What's Next at Mitel"
- Read how Mitel is mobilizing real-time communications
- Learn more about Mitel's VoLTE solution
Twitter: Mitel scores another mobile technology award for "Most Innovative LTE Application/Service"
Twitter: Learn more about the VoLTE solution named by LTE Asia as "Most Innovative LTE Application/Service"
VoLTE, NFV, RCS, IMS, 4G LTE, LTE Asia, VoWiFi, Video over LTE, T-Mobile US, Pardeep Kohli
A global market leader in enterprise and mobile communications powering more than 2 billion business connections and 2 billion mobile subscribers every day, Mitel (Nasdaq:MITL) (TSX:MNW) helps businesses and mobile carriers connect, collaborate and provide innovative services to their customers. Our innovation and communications experts serve more than 60 million business users in more than 100 countries, and 130 mobile service providers including 15 of the top 20 mobile carriers in the world. That makes us unique, and the only company able to provide a bridge between enterprise and mobile customers. For more information, go to www.mitel.com and follow us on Twitter @Mitel.
Mitel is the registered trademark of Mitel Networks Corporation.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
CONTACT: Media - Americas Camille Beasley 469-212-0433 email@example.com Media - EMEA/AP Duncan Miller +44 (0) 1291 612 646 firstname.lastname@example.org Investors Michael McCarthy 469-574-8134 email@example.com Industry Analysts Cynthia Navarro 469-574-8113 firstname.lastname@example.org
Source:Mitel Networks Corporation