NEW YORK CITY, Oct. 30, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- AES (Booth #718) -- Avid® (Nasdaq:AVID) today introduced Pro Tools® | Dock, a portable, affordable surface that gives audio and music professionals intelligent studio control. Delivering on Avid Everywhere™, Pro Tools | Dock gives users the power and control to create better sounding mixes more efficiently. Working together with an iPad running the free Pro Tools | Control app, it gives users the access, integration, and precision they need to edit and mix projects faster.
Powered by the Avid MediaCentral™ Platform, Pro Tools | Dock is based on the advanced touchscreen workflows of the award-winning Pro Tools | S6 and the hybrid touchscreen/hardware control of the bestselling Avid Artist | Control surface. Users can navigate large projects quickly and access any track instantly on the iPad touchscreen.
With Pro Tools | Dock, users can work with their favorite EUCON-enabled DAWs and video editing tools, including Pro Tools, Media Composer®, Logic Pro X, Cubase, and Premiere Pro. When paired with Pro Tools | S3, users gain new timesaving touch workflows and custom control making it ideal for mixing music and post projects in smaller spaces—and on smaller budgets.
“With Avid Everywhere we strive to deliver innovative solutions to help our customers bring their creative ideas to life,” said Kyle Kim-Hays, senior vice president and chief marketing officer, Avid. “Pro Tools | Dock gives audio professionals the tactile precision they need to focus on their mix with their ears instead of their eyes, enabling them to create better sounding mixes faster.”
Pro Tools | Dock will be available in Q1 2016.
Notes to editors
Pro Tools | Dock enhances the free Pro Tools | Control iOS app and the Pro Tools | S3 control surface, allowing music and audio professionals and aspiring pros to:
- Get extensive touchscreen control – Pro Tools | Dock will quickly connect with a user’s iPad and the free Pro Tools | Control iOS app, providing intelligent control of audio and video projects. The app offers a host of touch controls and visual feedback to improve efficiency, allowing users to navigate huge sessions with ease and bring the channels they’re looking for to the surface quickly.
- Enhance existing workflows with EUCON – Pro Tools | Dock features EUCON™, a high-speed Ethernet-based technology that enables the hardware to communicate directly with EUCON-enabled applications. This lets users work on a Pro Tools project, then switch to Logic Pro X, Cubase, Media Composer, Premiere Pro, and any other EUCON-compatible audio and video software—in sequence or in parallel—in seconds.
- Get deep Pro Tools integration – when paired with Pro Tools or Pro Tools | HD, Pro Tools | Dock becomes an extension of the software. Users can access hundreds of key commands, shortcuts, functions, and UI elements without clicking a mouse. Users can even create custom soft keys to perform practically any Pro Tools function and recall Layouts to the surface with a single button press.
- Bring enhanced touch workflows to Pro Tools | S3 – pairing Pro Tools | Dock with a Pro Tools | S3 control surface delivers even more timesaving workflows. Users can also view additional visual feedback to enhance their mixing experience.
- Adjust parameters with a twist – Pro Tools | Dock provides eight touch-sensitive Soft Knobs that extend the functionality of Pro Tools | Control. These push-top rotary controls enable users to interact with whatever knob set they’ve selected in the app. By making adjustments with physical controls, users don’t have to focus on the screen, enabling them to really listen to how their adjustments affect their mix.
- Speed up tasks with Soft Keys – users can click through frequently performed editing and mixing tasks or adapt the Dock to their unique workflow by programming macros to perform more complex tasks.
- Navigate the project their way – users can quickly access any channel with the color-coded Track Tiles and Universe view—no matter how big the session.
- Get their hands on important channels – users can work with multiple tracks in Pro Tools | Control, but when they need to focus on a specific track—or want more tactile precision—they can use a single “attention” channel. Users simply select any track from the touchscreen and the channel maps directly to the Dock’s surface controls.
- Automate tracks with ease – with 12 dedicated automation switches, users can toggle modes and write automation directly from the surface.
For a full list if features visit: http://connect.avid.com/ProToolsDocksignup.html
Through Avid Everywhere™, Avid delivers the industry's most open, innovative and comprehensive media platform connecting content creation with collaboration, asset protection, distribution and consumption. Media organizations and creative professionals use Avid solutions to create the most listened to, most watched and most loved media in the world—from the most prestigious and award-winning feature films, to the most popular television shows, news programs and televised sporting events, as well as a majority of today’s most celebrated music recordings and live concerts. Industry leading solutions include Pro Tools®, Media Composer®, ISIS®, Interplay®, ProSet and RealSet, Maestro, PlayMaker, and Sibelius®. For more information about Avid solutions and services, visit www.avid.com, connect with Avid on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, or subscribe to Avid Blogs.
© 2015 Avid Technology, Inc. All rights reserved. Avid, the Avid logo, Avid Everywhere, EUCON, iNEWS, Interplay, ISIS, AirSpeed, Media Composer, Pro Tools, and Sibelius are trademarks or registered trademarks of Avid Technology, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries. The Interplay name is used with the permission of the Interplay Entertainment Corp. which bears no responsibility for Avid products. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Product features, specifications, system requirements and availability are subject to change without notice.
PRESS CONTACT: Sara Griggs Avid email@example.com 310-907-6909
Source:Avid Technology, Inc.