PRINCETON JUNCTION, N.J., Oct. 30, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The Smart Card Alliance today announced its new board and seven-member executive committee to lead and provide guidance for the organization’s education programs, market research, advocacy, industry relations and events for 2015-2016.
More information regarding the board and the Smart Card Alliance management can be found at http://www.smartcardalliance.org/alliance-management/.
“The smart card technology industry is rapidly expanding, both in existing and emerging markets, putting education and coordination across the industry in high demand. The Alliance is working hard to meet these needs by providing leadership to expand the industry even further,” said Randy Vanderhoof, executive director of the Smart Card Alliance. “Our executive leadership will play a significant part in this by guiding our membership and industry councils on collaboration, strategy, education, outreach activities and events.”
The Smart Card Alliance newly-elected executive committee is made up of the following board members:
- Chair: Brian Russell, Giesecke & Devrient
- Vice Chair: Jack Jania, Gemalto
- Treasurer: Brian Stein, CH2M
- Assistant Treasurer: Kirk Brafford, Deloitte & Touche LLP
- Secretary: Deborah Baxley, Capgemini Financial Services
- Assistant Secretary: Oliver Manahan, MasterCard
- Technology Vice Chair: Frazier Evans, Booz Allen Hamilton
“The diverse make-up of the Smart Card Alliance leadership team, which includes individuals from government, enterprise, transportation, payments and security markets, gives us the opportunity to address issues and provide educational resources that are directly relevant to our cross-industry membership. I look forward to working with members of the board and the Smart Card Alliance staff on projects that will move the smart card technology industry forward,” said newly elected chair, Brian Russell, Gisecke & Devrient.
Other newly elected or returning members to the Alliance board:
- Michael Dinning, U.S. Dept. of Transportation/Volpe Center
- Willy Dommen, Accenture
- Allen Friedman, Ingenico
- Bob Gilson, U.S. Department of Defense/Defense Manpower Data Center
- Simon Hurry, Visa, Inc.
- Thomas Lockwood, NextGenID
- Michael Nash, Xerox
- Thomas Parker, Infineon Technologies
- Elinor Smith, Discover Financial Services
- Garfield Smith, Oberthur Technologies
- Kelly Urban, First Data Corporation
About the Smart Card Alliance
The Smart Card Alliance is a not-for-profit, multi-industry association working to stimulate the understanding, adoption, use and widespread application of smart card technology.
Through specific projects such as education programs, market research, advocacy, industry relations and open forums, the Alliance keeps its members connected to industry leaders and innovative thought. The Alliance is the single industry voice for smart cards, leading industry discussion on the impact and value of smart cards in the U.S. and Latin America. For more information please visit http://www.smartcardalliance.org.
CONTACT: Megan Shamas Montner Tech PR 203-226-9290 email@example.com
Source:Smart Card Alliance