PLAYA DEL CARMEN, Mexico, Nov. 10, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Mahekal Beach Resort announces the final phase of its three-year, $16 million dollar re-imagination - which first began in September 2013 - is slated for completion mid-December 2015 and will unveil an additional 74 individual palapa-style bungalows; a new luxury spa and fitness center; an oceanfront, “Tulum-style” wood-burning oven restaurant and bar; a resort-sized swimming pool and hot tub; as well as newly created wedding, meeting and event space. The current and final phase of the resort’s re-imagination began in June 2015, involving the complete overhaul of Mahekal Beach Resort’s adjacent sister property, Las Palapas, to create the newest resort in Playa del Carmen, which will operate under the Mahekal name.
Additional project details include:
- Addition of 74 individual palapa-style bungalows bringing the total room count to 196 guest rooms, including suites and penthouses.
- Complete redesign and refurnishing of new guest rooms, including all new air conditioners, palapa-style roofs, window systems, bathrooms, artisan stenciled floors, luxurious bedding, wired and wireless internet, service telephones, as well as all new furniture, fixtures and refreshed interior design.
- Upgrading resort public spaces including check-in lobby, modernized restrooms and reception area, as well as new furnishings, flooring and accessories in the main lobby bar and lounge.
- The addition of 4,500 sq. ft. of versatile event space designed to accommodate intimate Caribbean weddings, meetings, banquets, social events and conferences.
- Construction of a new Mayan inspired Revive Spa offering individual and couples treatment rooms, women and men’s locker rooms, complete with indoor and outdoor relaxation lounges and a new fitness facility with all-new aerobic and strength training equipment.
- Creation of a large, resort-sized heated swimming pool with hot tub ideally located between the bungalows and adjacent to the new restaurant and beachfront bar.
- More diverse dining experiences with the introduction of Fuego, a new oceanfront “Tulum-style” wood-burning oven restaurant and bar.
- Revamped gift shop offering logoed beachwear and unique, locally procured art and gifts.
“We have dedicated an extraordinary amount of energy and planning into the transformation of Mahekal Beach Resort, and we are proud to announce these exciting additions,” said Lamont Meek, Chief Operating Officer of Circa Capital (co-owner and manager of Mahekal). “Every detail, large or small, was designed to enhance the guest experience in an authentic, thoughtful way, and the new look and feel will pay tribute to the resort’s storied legacy while exceeding the expectations and desires of today’s discerning travelers.”
Nestled between the dense Riviera Maya jungle and Playa del Carmen’s longest stretch of beach, spanning 920 pristine feet, lies Mexico’s Mahekal Beach Resort, the only resort of its kind in all of Playa del Carmen with hand-laid, hidden stone pathways leading to all palapa-style bungalow accommodations, all less than a two-minute walk from the sweeping, sandy beach -- think Swiss Family Robinson style with high-end finishes and touches of Mayan culture. Whether oceanfront or nestled in the Riviera Maya jungle, casitas offer beautiful views, two hammocks, private open-air terraces, some with personal plunge pools and more. Greeted with crisp Caribbean scents, tropical weather, lush vegetation and colorful bougainvillea, Mahekal Beach Resort guests experience exceptional amenities, including four swimming pools, a seaside hot tub, three completely renovated restaurants (Las Olas, Cocina and Fuego) and four bars (Boli’s, Itzi, Las Olas and Fuego). Mahekal is exceptionally authentic and intimate, as for this unplugged vacation experience, guests won’t find TVs in rooms, but will enjoy a state-of-the-art WiFi and phone system for ordering property services, so the only distractions are the outdoors and each other. The ultimate coastal experience is complete with a carefree, bohemian atmosphere, the look and feel of Mexico’s traditional past, thrilling adventures nearby and more.
For more information on Mahekal Beach Resort, visit www.mahekalbeachresort.com or call toll-free 1(877) 235 4452. To engage with the resort socially, visit Facebook.com/mahekalbeachresort or find us on Twitter at @MahekalPlaya or on Instagram at @mahekal_beach_resort.
For More Media Information: Anna Whiddon • Brooke Bellows The Zimmerman Agency 850.668.2222/ BBellows@zimmerman.com
Source:Mahekal Beach Resort