TOKYO, Nov. 11, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- DeNA Co., Ltd. (Tokyo:2432), a global leader in mobile Internet services, today announced its financial results for the quarter ended September 30, 2015. DeNA reported quarterly revenue of 37.1 billion yen and operating profit of 7.4 billion yen.
"Driven by the steady performance of our current core business – mobile games in Japan – our operating profit exceeded the guidance for the second quarter,” said Isao Moriyasu, President and CEO of DeNA. “We look forward to delivering a range of exciting titles, including the first app jointly developed by Nintendo and DeNA, in the remaining months of this fiscal year.”
Second Quarter FY2015 Highlights
- Coin consumption in Japan game business was 37.7 billion yen, in which DeNA’s first- and second-party titles were stable and a third-party title, Granblue Fantasy from Cygames, showed strong performance
- Coin consumption in International game business was 4.2 billion yen
- Total native app coin consumption remained stable at over 15 billion yen per quarter
- FINAL FANTASY: Record Keeper continued strong performance, 12 months after the game’s launch in Japan
- Coin consumption decreased in China due to the performance of key titles and delayed new title contribution
- Usage metrics showed steady growth in the Curation Platform business
Recent Developments and Strategic Initiatives
- Miitomo, first app jointly developed by DeNA and Nintendo, and the jointly-developed My Nintendo membership service are now rescheduled to launch in March 2016
- Aim to create hits by launching premium IP as well as DeNA-original titles in Japan
- Plans to launch a number of titles based on popular IP in China as previously announced
|Profit before tax||7.5||9.1||-18||%||4.5||66||%|
|Profit for the period attributable to owners of the parent||4.7||5.5||-14||%||2.0||131||%|
Guidance for Quarter Ending December 31, 2015
- Revenue: 33.3 billion yen
- Operating profit: 3.0 billion yen
- Profit for the period attributable to owners of the parent: 1.5 billion yen
Earnings presentation slides and related materials are available at:
DeNA (pronounced “D-N-A”) is a global Internet company that develops and operates a broad range of mobile and online services including games, e-commerce and other diversified offerings. Founded in 1999, DeNA is headquartered in Tokyo with offices and game development studios across the globe. DeNA Co., Ltd. is listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange (2432). For more information, visit: dena.com
The information and data contained within this press release have been determined based on information available as of November 11, 2015. DeNA disclaims any obligation to update or revise such information and data, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise. In addition, any forward-looking statements contained in this press release are based on our opinions and information available as of November 11, 2015, and involve uncertainty. Please be aware that the actual performance data and similar information are subject to influence from diverse factors, and may differ from the forecasts presented herein.
Source:DeNA Co., Ltd.