RANCHO CORDOVA, Calif., Nov. 12, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Cesca Therapeutics Inc. (NASDAQ:KOOL), an autologous cell-based regenerative medicine company, today announced that Robin Stracey, Chief Executive Officer and Dalip Sethi, Ph.D., Senior Clinical Scientist of Cesca Therapeutics will be presenting at the World Alliance Forum in San Francisco (WAFSF) on November 13 at 1:50 pm PT (4:50 pm ET) at the Golden Gate Club.
The WAFSF event is intended to serve as a catalyst for the commercialization and industrialization of regenerative medicine. Over 300 participants from the United States, Japan, and other parts of the world gather once a year to discuss emerging opportunities in the field.
The Company's presentation will focus on the merger between TotipotentRX and ThermoGenesis Corp. that created Cesca Therapeutics, and the fruitful collaboration the Company has with Fortis Healthcare. A copy of the presentation will be available on the Company's website under the corporate presentations section prior to the presentation.
The 2015 WAFSF is organized by the Alliance Forum Foundation and Government of Japan (Consulate General of Japan in San Francisco) and sponsored by Astellas Pharma Inc., DEFTA PARTNERS, Mitsui Fudosan Co., Ltd., MUFG Union Bank, ROHTO Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd., Takeda Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd., Fujifilm/Cellular Dynamics International, Lonza, Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma Corporation, Terumo Corporation, Yorozu Law Group, Cesca Therapeutics, and SanBio, Inc. For more details, please visit the Forum website at www.wafsf.org.
About Cesca Therapeutics Inc.
Cesca Therapeutics Inc. (www.cescatherapeutics.com) is engaged in the research, development and commercialization of autologous cell-based therapeutics for use in regenerative medicine. The Company is a leader in the development and manufacture of automated blood and bone marrow processing systems that enable the separation, processing and preservation of cell and tissue therapy products. These include:
- SurgWerks™; proprietary stem cell therapy point-of-care kits for the treatment of vascular and orthopedic indications that integrate the following indication specific elements:
- Cell harvesting
- Cell processing and selection
- Cell diagnostics
- Cell delivery
- CellWerksTM; an integrated system which includes a protocol, disposables and equipment for intra-laboratory use in treatment of oncological and hematological disorders.
- The AutoXpress® (AXP); a proprietary automated device, along with companion sterile blood processing disposables, for the harvesting of stem cells from cord blood.
- The MarrowXpress™ (MXP); a device and disposable system based on the AutoXpress platform for the isolation and concentration of stem cells from bone marrow. Self-powered and microprocessor-controlled, the MXP contains flow control and optical sensors and concentrates white blood cells from bone marrow to a user- defined volume in 40 minutes while retaining over 90% of mononuclear cells (MNCs).
- The BioArchive® System; an automated cryogenic device, used by cord blood stem cell banks in more than 30 countries, for cryopreservation and archiving of cord blood stem cell units for transplant.
Source:Cesca Therapeutics Inc.