Manchester Center, VT, Nov. 13, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The McBride Company, a creative concept and design firm specializing in hospitality and leisure destinations, reveals its design concept for Pineapple Express [OTC PINK: PNPL], a national chain of cannabis retail stores being created by Pineapple Express, Inc. The design concept supports Pineapple Express Inc.'s mission to deliver a modern cannabis retail experience.
"As the sale of medical and recreational marijuana becomes legal in more states across the country, the industry needs to provide a sales experience that reflects the evolving perception of marijuana," said Pat McBride, CEO of The McBride Company. "The store design and atmosphere we created offers consumers a space that incorporates all the elements of great retail design, but addresses the unique display and service challenges faced by the cannabis retail industry."
The McBride Company was tasked with providing a design that creates a welcoming place for consumers to shop quality products at their own pace with access to knowledgeable experts.
"Pineapple Express is on a mission to modernize the legal cannabis industry. Part of that mission is cultivating a world-class dispensary experience that patients, consumers and operators will not only love, but also trust," said CEO, Chairman and Co-Founder of Pineapple Express, Inc. Matthew Feinstein. "Leveraging our vast experience in the industry, we sought to address the many setbacks, inefficiencies and outdated technologies present in the current legal dispensary model. The McBride Company took our vision and delivered an ideal shop design that is unique, streamlined and incredibly memorable; we cannot wait to roll out Pineapple Express branded shops as our branding partnerships come to fruition in the future."
The experience that Pineapple Express hopes to deliver its customers is brought to life through The McBride Company's design, featuring the aesthetic of a refined Hawaiian resort. The design team steered away from a traditional consultation counter, which is commonly used as the central feature in marijuana dispensaries.
"Our goal was to make this a true retail experience, meaning customers should feel completely comfortable and entertained, while also safe and secure," said McBride. "Some elements of cannabis shops today have the opposite effect, especially when the focal point is a long consultation counter where customers must wait to be helped."
The McBride Company's design for Pineapple Express includes several features that aim to create a more comfortable retail environment and provide an easier shopping experience before the point of sale. These features include:
· Four touch screens to educate customers about the various strains available for purchase. This allows customers the opportunity to browse products on their own, before engaging with a sales associate.
· A floor-to-ceiling installation of crates along the back wall to display cannabis-based retail products in recreational states and non-cannabis-based products in medical cannabis states. Customers can easily peruse the selection at their leisure.
· A View-Master® station displaying content about Pineapple Express, which offers customers a way to learn more about the shop and stay entertained while waiting to speak with a sales associate.
· The "Mystic Pineapple," which is the brand's most overt homage to cannabis culture and most prominent visual element. This feature invites a natural photo opportunity for visitors. Prominently positioned and glowing in the center of the store, the Mystic Pineapple is equipped with motion sensors and the ability to suggest one of the shop's various strains to customers looking for advice.
· An edibles counter that creatively displays marijuana edibles in a welcoming, bakery-like display case (recreational states only).
· Multiple consultation/seating areas containing oversized, plush furniture, providing a space for consumers to consult with Pineapple Express staff.
Editor's Note: Press-ready renderings of The McBride Company's Pineapple Express concept are available upon request.
About The McBride Company
For more than 30 years, The McBride Company, a creative concept and design firm, has specialized in cultivating experiences that become destinations for clients in the hospitality and leisure industries. The firm's ability to successfully design experiential spaces helps clients achieve measurable business objectives while providing guests more enjoyable experiences. From the design and branding of all U.S. Margaritaville restaurants, hotels and casinos to the conceptual planning and design of Hard Rock cafes, the firm's work is experienced and enjoyed by millions of people across the globe each year.
The firm's clients represent nearly every facet of the hospitality and leisure industries and include Margaritaville, Pyramid/Destiny USA, Smithsonian Institution, Simon Property Group, The Walt Disney Company, Universal, Breakers Hotel, and Discovery Channel. The McBride Company provides a wide range of services including conceptual design, architecture, interior design, graphic design, special feature design, art direction and strategic planning.
The McBride Company has offices in Manchester Center, Vermont, and Miami, Florida. For more information, visit www.mcbridedesign.com and connect with The McBride Company on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.
About Pineapple Express, Inc.
Headquartered in Los Angeles, Calif., Pineapple Express is a public company that invests in, expands, and brands existing and newly established canna-businesses through expert consulting and cutting-edge technology. Aiming to become the world's first national canna-chain of stores and production facilities, Pineapple Express currently acts as an expert consulting, product licensing, and investing firm for new and existing businesses in the cannabis industry. In addition, Pineapple Express develops and supplies proprietary technology specific to the industry and also provides ancillary support services for its clients. Home to some of the most experienced and well-connected minds in the business, Pineapple Express is at the forefront of the legal cannabis industry.
CONTACT: Travis Culver, Tyler Barnett Public Relations 323-937-1951, email@example.com