Redwood City, Calif., Nov. 16, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Informatica, the world’s number one independent software provider focused on delivering transformative innovation for the future of all things data, today announced that Gartner, Inc., a leading IT research and advisory firm, has positioned Informatica as the only Visionary in its November 2015 Magic Quadrant for Master Data Management of Product Data Solutions report.
The complete report, published November 12, including the quadrant graphic, is available at:
Informatica MDM has improved its position in the Visionaries Quadrant on both the ability to execute and completeness of vision axes. Additionally, Informatica MDM - Product 360 (formerly Informatica PIM) made a significant move in the Gartner report to the Challengers Quadrant, where it is positioned the highest for execution and vision.
In the report, Gartner Vice President and Distinguished Analyst Andrew White, Research Vice President Bill O’Kane, and Research Directors Terilyn Palanca and Michael Patrick Moran observed, “With the increasing focus on digitalization of enterprises, management of their key master data is also becoming more important. The ability to achieve and maintain a single, semantically consistent version of product master data is crucial for customer-centric organizations.”
According to the Gartner report, “the business drivers for organizations seeking solutions that help sustain ‘a single version of the truth’ for product data become more important. They include:
- Increased revenue from additional sales efforts (upselling and cross-selling), once a better view of customers’ products and services is established
- Reduced time to market for new products and services as part of a process improvement program
- Better multichannel or omnichannel integration and improved customer service (presale or postsale), often with a strong e-business or e-commerce flavor
- Increased supply chain agility, visibility and, ultimately, collaboration, through a cleaner foundation of information for multienterprise business processes
- Compliance in terms of product data, hierarchy for analysis and reporting of product data through financial and other regulatory frameworks”
Providing clean, connected and authoritative data across an enterprise, Informatica MDM empowers organizations to analyze, understand and leverage relationships between the people, places and things that are most important to their businesses. In addition to its market-leading, multidomain MDM platform, Informatica offers four master data-fueled applications designed to power revolutionary new approaches to key business processes: Product 360, Supplier 360, Customer 360 and Cloud Customer 360 for Salesforce.
Underpinned by the Informatica Intelligent Data Platform and MDM architecture, Informatica MDM - Product 360 empowers organizations with complex product environments to:
- Drive collaboration across business users, such as merchandisers, product managers and marketers, with individual users’ dashboards and task driven views.
- Easily engage in omni-channel commerce with commerce templates to Demandware, Oracle ATG, IBM WebSphere Commerce and Google Shopping.
- Gain market and price intelligence through monitoring of competitor product ranges, channel pricing and content quality.
“Informatica MDM is the foundation for consolidation and relationship insights across all business critical data and sources to deliver a trusted 360-degree view with embedded business process management, data quality and data governance. Master data-fueled applications, such as Informatica MDM – Product 360, streamline the collaboration across business users for new product introduction and omnichannel commerce,” said Rob Karel, vice president, Product Strategy and Marketing, Information Quality Solutions, Informatica. “We believe the fact that Informatica MDM continues to move significantly up and to the right in the Gartner’s Visionaries Quadrant while Informatica MDM - Product 360 has advanced to the Challengers Quadrant, speaks to our sustained investment in innovative technologies, continued enhancement of our partner ecosystem, and strong sales and marketshare momentum.”
Tweet this: News: @Gartner_inc positions @Informatica MDM as the only Visionary in 2015 Magic Quadrant for Product #MDM http://infa.media/PR151116a
Informatica recognition in other recent Gartner reports:
- Gartner 2015 Magic Quadrant for MDM for Customer Data Solutions report (Nov. 11, 2015)
- Gartner 2015 Magic Quadrant for Data Integration Tools report (July 29, 2015)
- Gartner 2015 Magic Quadrant for Structured Data Archiving and Application Retirement report (June 16, 2015)
- Gartner 2015 Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Integration Platform as a Service, Worldwide (iPaaS) (March 23, 2015)
- Gartner Critical Capabilities for Data Quality Tools (Feb. 18, 2015)
- Gartner 2014 Magic Quadrant for Data Masking Technology (Dec. 10, 2014)
- Gartner 2014 Magic Quadrant for Data Quality Tools (Nov. 26, 2014)
About the Magic Quadrant
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Informatica is a leading independent software provider focused on delivering transformative innovation for the future of all things data. Organizations around the world rely on Informatica to realize their information potential and drive top business imperatives. More than 5,800 enterprises depend on Informatica to fully leverage their information assets residing on-premise, in the Cloud and on the internet, including social networks. For more information, call +1 650-385-5000 (1-800-653-3871 in the U.S.), or visit www.informatica.com. Connect with Informatica at https://linkedin.com/company/informatica, https://twitter.com/Informatica and https://facebook.com/InformaticaLLC.
Note: Informatica, Informatica MDM, Informatica MDM - Product 360 and Informatica Intelligent Data Platform are trademarks or registered trademarks of Informatica in the United States and in jurisdictions throughout the world. All other company and product names may be trade names or trademarks of their respective owners.