BOSTON and LEWISTON, Me., Nov. 17, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Carbonite, Inc. (NASDAQ:CARB), a leading provider of cloud and hybrid business continuity solutions for small and midsize businesses (SMBs), today announced its Customer Care Center in Lewiston, Maine has been voted the Sixth Best Place to Work in Maine in the Large Employer Category, according to the Maine State Council of the Society for Human Resources Management. The recognition, which demonstrates continued improvement over last year's ranking as 13th overall, coincides with a major corporate recruitment effort to hire local talent in technical support positions.
"We are honored to be named as one of the best places to work in Maine for the second year in a row," said Robert Frost, VP of Customer Care at Carbonite. "Our employees are our #1 asset and the key to obtaining world class customer satisfaction. We firmly believe that a happy employee will send that smile right over the phone to the customer. And with a customer satisfaction rate of 94%, we know we're doing something right. This award is a testament to our skilled support team members, who work hard for their customers and for themselves."
As the needs of Carbonite customers grow, quality technical support skills are in high demand. The company is currently recruiting for more than 50 open positions of Technical Support Representative, who will be critical to providing support to customers. Candidates for these positions will benefit from a promote-from-within approach where they can quickly gain the training and skills necessary to build successful long-term careers.
As part of the company's employee-first approach, Carbonite Customer Care team members enjoy:
- Comprehensive benefit packages, including health, dental and life insurance alongside short- and long-term disability benefits.
- 4 weeks of PTO for salaried employees, along with education reimbursement, family gym memberships and a corporate 401(K) match.
- Monetary incentives based on customer satisfaction scores as well as referral bonuses for new hires.
- Work-life balanced scheduling, which ensures that no employees work two weekend days.
- Hands-on training in the office's IT lab, where team members can see and touch the same hardware used by customers.
- Opportunity for advanced technical training and certifications, including the Microsoft MTA Windows Server Fundamentals for Admins, all from within the company's in-house Pearson VUE certification testing center.
"Our fast growth means we're presenting a unique opportunity for talented individuals in Maine to be a part of the top Customer Service and Technical Support organization in the world," Frost continued. "If you're looking to build your career in a great working environment and want to feel valued, encouraged, rewarded and challenged while doing it, Carbonite is the place for you."
To learn more about Carbonite Customer Care, please visit: http://support.carbonite.com/about-customer-care
To learn more about careers at Carbonite, please visit: http://www.carbonite.com/en/about/careers/
To read more about Carbonite's awards and industry recognition, please visit: http://www.carbonite.com/en/resources/news-and-press-releases/
Carbonite (Nasdaq:CARB) is a leading provider of cloud and hybrid business continuity solutions for small and midsized businesses. Together with our partners, we support more than 1.5 million individuals and small businesses around the world who rely on us to ensure their important data is protected, available and useful. To learn more about the cloud solutions voted #1 by PC Magazine readers, as well as our partner program and our award-winning customer support, visit us at Carbonite.com.