San Francisco, Nov. 18, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Global Activated Carbon Market size is likely to be valued at USD 5.3 billion by 2020; as per a new research report by Radiant Insights, Inc. Increase in commercial & residential waste water treatment demand owing to escalation in water prices is anticipated to drive the growth. Growth in air filtration demand owing to rapid industrialization n countries such as China, Russia, India, Brazil and Mexico is likely to positively influence overall growth.
Favorable regulations such as “Clean Air Mercury Rule” from EPA for lowering mercury emissions from coal-power fired industries are likely to support activated carbon market demand. Tight raw material supply situation of coal, wood pulp and coconut shell is likely to affect overall industry profitability.
Powdered activated carbon (PAC) dominated the product segment and accounted for over 56% of the total volume in 2013. Increasing application scope in cement industry, municipal treatment, groundwater remediation and beverage industry is likely to drive its growth. GAC (granular activated carbon) is anticipated to witness gains at an estimated CAGR of 11% from 2014 to 2020.
Browse Full Research Report With TOC On "Activated Carbon Market Size, Price, Analysis Report, 2020" at: http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/activated-carbon-market
Key report insights suggest:
- Global activated carbon market size was estimated 1.37 million tons in 2013 and may register 2.96 million tons by 2020 growing with an estimated CAGR of 11.7% from 2014 to 2020.
- Liquid phase applications dominated demand and accounted for 55.3% of the share in 2013. Activated carbons are widely preferred in removing containments from ground water which helps in addressing consumer health concerns. Gas phase applications are likely to witness highest gains of 14.3% from 2014 to 2020.
- Water treatment dominated end-use segment and accounted for 41.2% of the total volume in 2013. Air purification is anticipated to be the fastest growing end-use segment with expected gains of 13.8% from 2014 to 2020.
- Asia Pacific dominated the regional market and accounted for 41.1% of the total volume in 2013 and is also likely witness highest gains of over 12% from 2014 to 2020. Presence of large scale manufacturing units in countries such as China and India are likely to drive regional demand. North America is anticipated to grow at an estimated CAGR of 11.4% from 2014 to 2020.
- The global activated carbon market is consolidated with top three companies comprising over 70% of the share by revenue. Major companies include Calgon Carbon, Haycarb PLC, ADA-ES Inc., MeadWestvaco Corp, Cabot Corp, Siemens Water Technologies and Jacobi Carbons.
Browse All Reports of This Category at: www.radiantinsights.com/catalog/materials
Global Activated Carbon Product Overview (Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2020)
- Powdered Activated Carbon (PAC)
- Granular Activated Carbon (GAC)
Global Activated Carbon Application Overview (Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2020)
- Liquid Phase
- Gas Phase
Global Activated Carbon End-Use Overview (Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2020)
- Water Treatment
- Food & Beverage Processing
- Air Purification
Global Activated Carbon Regional Overview (Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2020)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
Related reports by Radiant Insights:
- Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) Market –
- Synthetic & Bio PMMA Market –
About Radiant Insights
Radiant Insights is a market research and consulting company offering syndicated research studies, customized reports, and consulting services. Our market research studies are designed to facilitate strategic decision making, on the basis of extensive and in-depth quantitative information, supported by extensive analysis and industry insights. Using a patented and robust research methodology, we publish exhaustive research reports covering a host of industries such as Technology, Chemicals, Materials, and Energy.Radiant Insights has a strong base of analysts, consultants and domain experts, with global experience helping us deliver excellence in all research projects we undertake.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Radiant Insights, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Source: Radiant Insights