LOS ANGELES, Nov. 19, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Celiac disease, an autoimmune disorder caused by gluten intolerance, affects about 1 in 100 Americans and happens when Gliadin, a protein in wheat, causes the immune system to attack its own bowel tissue. This causes villous atrophy - the erosion of the nutrient absorbing villi that line the small intestine. Other grains, such as barley and rye, have similarly shaped proteins and can cause the same reaction.
Celiac disease can cause dangerous and irreversible damage, caused mainly by the body's inability to absorb nutrients in foods and can lead to osteoporosis, anemia and stunted growth in children. However, studies show that early diagnosis and eliminating gluten from the diet will minimize the risks, help the body to repair itself, and lessen symptoms.
Patients should seek medical attention if they suffer from any of the following celiac disease symptoms:
- Bloating – Particularly after eating foods containing gluten;
- Chronic diarrhea. Stool may be pale or white in color;
- Constipation with pain and bloating;
- Weight Gain or Weight Loss – Many people will lose weight as the body's way of reacting to missing nutrients. Others who gain weight will have a more difficult time losing the weight until the diet is regulated and free of gluten products.
- Fatigue – Is the most common complaint and is usually caused by malnutrition caused by absorption issues. After diagnosis and the removal of gluten from the diet, fatigue is often the first symptom to be eliminated;
- Trouble concentrating – People may experience a "brain fog" that can persist for days after eating foods that contain gluten;
- Sleep disorders - Problems falling and staying asleep;
- Numbness and Tingling in the hands and feet;
- Depression - For most people, a proper diagnosis, along with dietary changes, significantly reduces depression.
Diet Doc's gluten free diet plans are easy to follow and easy to understand. They are customized to be specific to each patient's age, gender, activity level, nutritional needs and medical conditions and incorporate lean proteins and nutrient rich, green leafy vegetables and other healthy food choices that are appropriate for a gluten free diet. Patients typically report increased energy levels, reduced gluten allergy symptoms and noticeable weight loss within days of following the newly designed gluten free diet plans. And, for qualified patients who desire to burn excess fat more quickly, Diet Doc's pure, prescription hormone diet treatments, diet pills and powerful fat burners may be added to accelerate weight loss while allowing patients to more easily follow their gluten free diet by eliminating fatigue, hunger and cravings.
Diet Doc patients work closely with their specially trained doctors, nurses and nutritionists to uncover underlying reasons for weight gain and are given unlimited access to their weight loss team for questions, concerns, support and guidance. Each patient is closely monitored, enabling doctors to modify the gluten free diet plans quickly and efficiently.
Diet Doc's partnership with Telemedicine enables them to bring gluten free diet plans to people in any part of the country without costly, time consuming and embarrassing visits to doctor's offices or weight loss clinics. Patients can simply call 888-934-4451 or visit www.dietdoc.com to complete an initial health questionnaire, consult personally with a doctor, participate in weekly checkup calls and even reorder their prescription diet products for direct and immediate delivery to their front door, without leaving the comfort of home.
Because Diet Doc clients are able to finally realize fast weight loss results without suffering side effects typically associated with following a gluten free diet, more and more dieters are choosing these programs to relieve gluten allergy symptoms and reach their weight loss goals.
About the Company:
Diet Doc Weight Loss is the nation's leader in medical, weight loss offering a full line of prescription medication, doctor, nurse and nutritional coaching support. For over a decade, Diet Doc has produced a sophisticated, doctor designed weight loss program that addresses each individual specific health need to promote fast, safe and long term weight loss.
Diet Doc Contact Information:
Providing care across the USA
San Diego, CA
Source: Diet Doc HCG Diet and Weight Loss