San Francisco, Nov. 23, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Global Thermoplastic Polyurethane (TPU) Films Market size is likely to be valued at USD 724.6 million by 2020; as per a new research report by Radiant Insights, Inc. Increase in lightweight plastics demand in order to achieve vehicle fuel efficiency and reduce carbon footprints is likely to drive market. Favorable regulations regarding automobile norms benefiting consumers is anticipated to drive high performance thermoplastics such as TPU. Increase in infrastructure spending in countries such as China, India and Indonesia is anticipated to drive the market.
Fluctuating raw material prices of propylene and aniline are anticipated to directly influence polyols & MDI, which can affect overall industry growth. Increasing investments by companies such as Arkema, Polyone, DuPont and Merquinsa for developing bio based TPU films are likely to offer opportunities for industry growth.
Automotive applications dominated the overall consumption and accounted for over 24% of the total volume in 2013. TPU films are used in automotive applications such as scratch protection, paint protection, rear bumper protection and anti-chipping. Aerospace application is likely to be the fastest growing with an estimated CAGR of 6.6% up to 2020.
Browse Full Research Report With TOC On "TPU Films Market Size, Share, Industry Analysis Report, 2020" at: http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/tpu-films-market
Key report insights suggest:
- Global TPU films market size was estimated 46.7 kilo tons in 2013 and may register 68.03 kilo tons by 2020 growing with an estimated CAGR of 5.5% from 2014 to 2020.
- Asia Pacific (excluding Japan) dominated the regional market and accounted for 34.9% of the total demand in 2013. Presence of automobile manufactures in Indonesia, China, Thailand and India coupled with growing construction spending is likely to drive regional demand.
- Japanese TPU films market was estimated at over USD 38 million in 2014 and is anticipated to witness gains at 6.9% from 2014 to 2020 in terms of revenue.
- North American market was estimated at over 12.5 kilo tons in 2013 with a CAGR of 4.4% from 2014 to 2020. Automobile applications dominated the regional market and accounted for 24.6% of the total share in 2013.
- The global TPU films market is fragment with four manufacturers comprising of 40% of the market share in 2013. Major companies include Bayer Material Science, 3M, Permali Gloucester and Huntsman. Other prominent companies include PAR group, American Polyfilm, Avery Dennison, Lubrizol and Nippon.
Browse All Reports of This Category at: http://www.radiantinsights.com/catalog/plastics
Global TPU Films Application Overview (Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2020)
- Leisure and sports
- Building & construction
Global TPU Films Regional Overview (Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2020)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
Related reports by Radiant Insights:
- Compressed Air Treatment Equipment Market –
- Outsourced Customer Care Services Market –
About Radiant Insights
Radiant Insights is a market research and consulting company offering syndicated research studies, customized reports, and consulting services. Our market research studies are designed to facilitate strategic decision making, on the basis of extensive and in-depth quantitative information, supported by extensive analysis and industry insights. Using a patented and robust research methodology, we publish exhaustive research reports covering a host of industries such as Technology, Chemicals, Materials, and Energy.Radiant Insights has a strong base of analysts, consultants and domain experts, with global experience helping us deliver excellence in all research projects we undertake.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Radiant Insights, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Source: Radiant Insights