San Franciso, Dec. 01, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Global Aquafeed market is expected to reach USD 165.04 billion by 2022. Global aquaculture (Aquafeed) additive market is expected to reach USD 1.21 billion by 2022. Aquafeed market is primarily driven by growth of the global aquaculture industry. In addition, growing demand for fish in direct human consumption (DHC) is anticipated to drive demand for fed fish species, which in turn is expected to augment Aquafeed market growth over the forecast period. Initiatives taken by numerous regulatory agencies on promoting aquaculture activities is expected to open new opportunities for market growth over the next seven years.
Browse Full Research Report with TOC On " Aquafeed Market by Application & Aquaculture Additive Market by Product and Segment Forecasts to 2022" at: http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/Aquafeed-market-by-application-carp-mollusks-salmon-crustaceans-tilapia-catfish-amp-aquaculture-additive-market-by-product-amino-acids-antibiotics-vitamins-feed-acidifiers-and-segment-forecasts-to-2022
Carps were the largest consumers of Aquafeed accounting for over 25% of the global volume share in 2014. Carps are being extensively reared over the past few years owing to their adaptability to changing climates. In addition, carps are a viable source of protein containing high omega-3 and low fat. Carps are anticipated to be the fastest growing application segment for Aquafeed owing to their growing demand in direct human consumption.
Further key findings from the study suggest:
• Composition of raw materials in Aquafeed varies in accordance with the targeted fish species. Fish meal content in Aquafeed for shrimp diets consisted of 35% of the overall feed quantity in 1995, whereas, Aquafeed contained over 50% of the overall feed quantity for salmons. Additives are anticipated to account for close to 2% of the overall feed composition by 2022.
• Amino acids demand was highest within the global aquaculture additives market in 2014 accounting for over 25% of the overall revenue. Increasing importance of amino acids to improve efficiency of protein utilization in animal feeding is expected to favor market growth in the near future.
• Asia Pacific was the largest Aquafeed market exceeding 65% of global volume in 2014. Expansion of aquaculture industry in China and India owing to factors such as ease of raw material availability, favorable climatic conditions for aquaculture and cheap labor is expected to augment Aquafeed market growth in the region. Robust fish production base in Chile and Peru is expected to have a positive impact on Latin America Aquafeed market over the forecast period.
• Key participants present in the global Aquafeed and aquaculture additives market include Alltech Inc, Biomar A/S, Cargill Inc., Aller Aqua A/S, Cermaq ASA, Archer Daniel Midland (ADM), BASF SE, Biomin Holding GmbH, Skretting, EWOS, De Heus and Nutriad International. EWOS is an Aquafeed manufacturing company integrated across the entire value chain. The company has its own feed ship, "RUBIN", and is engaged in aquaculture activities. Skretting has an annual production capacity of 1.8 million tons of aquaculture feeds catering to over 60 varieties of fish and shrimp. In August 2013, Skretting Group announced entered into a joint venture with Gisis Ecuador and Regal Springs to set up an Aquafeed manufacturing facility in Honduras. Biomar provides fish feed for fish farms, sea farms and recirculation plants. In April 2015, Biomar entered into a joint venture with Tongwei Co., Ltd. to construct a joint Aquafeed factory in China with an annual capacity of about 10,000 metric tons.
Browse All Reports of This Category at: http://www.radiantinsights.com/catalog/food
For the purpose of this study, Grand View Research has segmented the global Aquafeed and aquaculture additives market on the basis of product, application and region:
Aquafeed/ Aquaculture Additives Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2022)
• Amino acids
• Feed acidifiers
Aquafeed Application Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons and Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2022)
Aquafeed Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons and Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2022)
• North America
• Asia Pacific
Related Reports by Radiant Insights:
• Global and Chinese Sorbitol (CAS 50-70-4) Market Research Report
• Global and Chinese Monosodium Glutamate (CAS 142-47-2) Market Research Report
About Radiant Insights
Radiant Insights is a market research and consulting company offering syndicated research studies, customized reports, and consulting services. Our market research studies are designed to facilitate strategic decision making, on the basis of extensive and in-depth quantitative information, supported by extensive analysis and industry insights. Using a patented and robust research methodology, we publish exhaustive research reports covering a host of industries such as Technology, Chemicals, Materials, and Energy. Radiant Insights has a strong base of analysts, consultants and domain experts, with global experience helping us deliver excellence in all research projects we undertake.
Source: Radiant Insights