GRAND RAPIDS, Mich., Dec. 1, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Today, Steelcase releases its 2015 Corporate Sustainability Report which recounts the company's performance in sustainability around the world. In the report, the company recognizes several important business, environmental and social achievements from the past year.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=37904
"At Steelcase, sustainability is a natural outgrowth of our passion for innovation and unlocking human promise," said Jim Keane, President and Chief Executive Officer of Steelcase Inc. "Our 2015 report celebrates a year of progress. We believe that true progress is made in the small things we do every day to help create a positive impact for generations to come. And we're inspired by what's next."
Highlights from the 2015 report include:
- Continue to reduce our energy, water, and waste consumption to meet our ambitious 2020 goals - despite expanding global production
- Employees invested over 12,000 community service hours — a corporate record
- Giving totaled $4.6 million, including nearly half a million dollars in matching employee donations
- Achieved a perfect score in the 2015 Corporate Equality Index, a benchmarking tool on policies and practices pertinent to lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender employees
- Key investments in employee wellbeing, including dedicated wellbeing hubs, innovative training and development programs, and extended parental bonding leave
- End of use services helped divert millions of tons of furniture from the landfill
- Invested in renewable energy equivalent to 100% of our electricity use
- Joined the Circular Economy 100 (CE100), a global business community convening to build a circular economy model
Over the last year, Steelcase's progress has been recognized by leading organizations. These include:
- Named one of Fortune magazine's 2014 "World's Most Admired Companies" scoring high in innovation, social responsibility, and quality of people and products
- Received a Green Power Leadership Award from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Green Power Partnership
- Named one of the Best and Brightest Sustainable Companies in Michigan by the Michigan Business & Professional Association for the fifth year in a row
- Received an International Green Interior Award for the WorkLife Center in Toronto, Ontario
- Joined the Renewable Energy 100 (RE100) to drive investments and awareness around renewable energy
For more information on the 2015 Steelcase Corporate Sustainability Report and the company's promise to the future, please visit csr.steelcase.com.
About Steelcase Inc.
For over 100 years, Steelcase Inc. has helped create great experiences for the world's leading organizations, across industries. We demonstrate this through our family of brands – including Steelcase®, Coalesse®, Designtex®, PolyVision® and Turnstone®. Together, they offer a comprehensive portfolio of architecture, furniture and technology products and services designed to unlock human promise and support social, economic and environmental sustainability. We are globally accessible through a network of channels, including over 800 dealer locations. Steelcase is a global, industry-leading and publicly traded company with fiscal 2015 revenue of $3.1 billion.
CONTACT: Laura Van Slyke 616-262-3091 email@example.com