SEATTLE, Dec. 03, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The past becomes the present with the launch of Blue Nile’s new Extraordinary Estate Jewelry Collection, a first-of-its kind initiative for Blue Nile (NASDAQ:NILE), a leading online retailer of diamonds and fine jewelry.
Each piece was handpicked by Blue Nile’s jewelry experts who closely examined them for quality, originality, and craftsmanship, and includes creations by well-known jewelers such as Marina B. and J.E. Caldwell. The ornate collection appeals to a wide range of artistic tastes and budgets, and can be viewed by smartphone, tablet, or desktop computer at www.bluenile.com. The inaugural 13 pieces include:
- Under $10,000
- Victorian Era diamond earrings in 18k white gold with 3.30 carats of old European-cut diamonds and filigree detailing.
- A retro mesh bracelet with 1940’s craftsmanship in 14k yellow gold, finished with sapphires and round, brilliant-cut diamonds.
- Under $20,000
- A vintage double-chain gemstone necklace featuring 24 heart-shaped, cabochon-cut blue sapphires and 63 round, brilliant-cut diamonds, all set in richly textured 18k yellow gold.
- A Victorian bracelet crafted in the 1950s, adorned with four vibrant, oval, rubellite tourmalines and 148 brilliant diamonds, set in an 18k white and yellow gold floral motif.
- An Art Deco sapphire and diamond bracelet set in platinum, designed by J.E. Caldwell and crafted between 1920 – 1930.
- Diamond cluster earrings from the 1950s, set in 14k white gold with over five carats of brilliant marquise and pear-cut diamonds.
- An Art Deco platinum bracelet by J.E. Caldwell, featuring diamonds nested in beautifully crafted milgrain and filigree detailing.
- Under $100,000
- An Art Deco diamond drop necklace in platinum with an extraordinary GIA-certified 3.47 carat emerald-cut diamond, scintillating baguettes, and single-cut diamonds.
- A platinum choker necklace featuring a detachable brooch with a floral diamond motif. It is adorned with over 12 carats of diamonds, including a single 1.25-carat European-cut diamond on the clasp.
- Fancy, intense yellow diamond drop earrings set in 18k yellow gold and platinum, framed with brilliant diamond halos.
- An Art Deco bracelet in platinum, featuring an exquisite pattern of brilliant marquise and round diamonds, and vibrant green emerald gemstones.
In addition, the collection includes an exquisite Zambian emerald-and-diamond statement necklace as well as matching drop earrings set in rich 18k yellow gold. The pieces are part of a contemporary set designed by Marina Bulgari and can be purchased together or separately.
About Blue Nile, Inc. (Nasdaq:NILE):
Blue Nile, Inc. is a leading online jeweler. The company offers a smarter way to buy engagement rings, wedding rings, and fine jewelry by providing in-depth educational materials and unique online tools that place consumers in control of the jewelry shopping process. Blue Nile has some of the highest quality standards in the industry and offers thousands of independently certified diamonds and fine jewelry at prices significantly below traditional retail. Blue Nile can be found online at www.bluenile.com. Blue Nile's shares are traded on the Nasdaq Stock Market LLC under the symbol NILE.
For more information or high-res images, please contact: Amanda Winters Blue Nile 206.336.6737 firstname.lastname@example.org
Source:Blue Nile, Inc.