CHATSWORTH, Calif., Dec. 7, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Capstone Turbine Corporation (www.capstoneturbine.com) (Nasdaq:CPST), the world's leading clean technology manufacturer of microturbine energy systems, unveiled the Capstone C1000S microturbine, as part of the company's new Signature series microturbine energy systems. The one-megawatt C1000S microturbine incorporates numerous system and design upgrades intended to improve overall product quality and enhance the microturbine ownership experience in all applications but specifically for CHP and CCHP applications.
Photos accompanying this release are available at
"The global CHP market is by far our fastest growing market, as it made up 68 percent of our total revenue last quarter," said Darren Jamison, President and Chief Executive Officer at Capstone Turbine. "The potential for the CHP market is estimated at $440 million per year, and we aim to capitalize on it with a highly reliable, top performing product that is also one of the smallest factory-built CHP solutions available. Capstone's next-generation C1000S microturbine features the same proven technology found in the original C1000 microturbine, such as advanced combustion controls, engine redundancy and remote monitoring. The C1000S is also covered by Capstone's industry-leading Factory Protection Plan to guarantee operational excellence and low life cycle costs for up to nine years. The updates and changes implemented into the Signature series are meant to solidify the C1000S product as the smartest one-megawatt turbine energy system on the global distributed generation market," added Mr. Jamison.
A few of the key upgrades include:
- Integrated Heat Recovery for CHP and CCHP Applications – An optional heat recovery module dramatically simplifies product installation, serviceability and overall operation in CHP and CCHP applications. The integrated heat recovery modules provide up to 1.5 megawatts of recoverable heat energy with system efficiency levels exceeding 80 percent.
- Two-Stage Air Filtration System –The first stage offers coarse particulate filtration without the need to open the enclosure door to perform filter inspection and service without shutting down the unit thus increasing overall system uptime and customer profitability. The internal, second stage offers improved engine filter longevity and pressure drop monitoring to assist with increasing the length between filter service intervals, thus lowering life cycle costs and assisting in the scheduling of service visits.
- Improved Enclosure – The strengthened enclosure frame has been modernized and features a smaller acoustics signature for CHP and CCHP installations in sensitive urban environments. In addition, it has increased load carrying capacity for auxiliary equipment. The redesigned, double-walled engine bay doors are sturdier and easier to seal.
- Relocated Engine Exhaust Stack – The combustion exhaust ports have been relocated to the roof of the enclosure to mirror the design of Capstone's C65 and C200 microturbine systems. This allows for ease of installation and integration of a heat recovery module for CHP and CCHP applications.
- Redesigned Discharge for Enclosure Cooling Air – The enclosure incorporates a new rear louver design allowing package cooling air to discharge without the need for a rain hood. This updated approach further reduces the already small installed footprint of the enclosure, which is critical in building retrofits without compromising rain protection.
"As Capstone works to strengthen its market position and global value proposition, we continue to look for and evaluate opportunities to enhance the value of our products and promote a positive user experience," said Jim Crouse, Executive Vice President of Sales and Marketing at Capstone Turbine. "Our customers can expect this type of experience with the C1000S and Capstone's Signature series microturbines," added Mr. Crouse.
About Capstone Turbine Corporation
Capstone Turbine Corporation (www.capstoneturbine.com) (Nasdaq:CPST) is the world's leading producer of low-emission microturbine systems and was the first to market commercially viable microturbine energy products. Capstone Turbine has shipped over 8,600 Capstone Microturbine systems to customers worldwide. These award-winning systems have logged millions of documented runtime operating hours. Capstone Turbine is a member of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's Combined Heat and Power Partnership, which is committed to improving the efficiency of the nation's energy infrastructure and reducing emissions of pollutants and greenhouse gases. A UL-Certified ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 14001:2004 certified company, Capstone is headquartered in the Los Angeles area with sales and/or service centers in the New York Metro Area, United Kingdom, Mexico City, Shanghai and Singapore.
The Capstone Turbine Corporation logo is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=6212
This press release contains "forward-looking statements," as that term is used in the federal securities laws, about growth of the CHP market and the advantages of our new Signature series microturbine. Forward-looking statements may be identified by words such as "expects," "objective," "intend," "targeted," "plan" and similar phrases. These forward-looking statements are subject to numerous assumptions, risks and uncertainties described in Capstone's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission that may cause Capstone's actual results to be materially different from any future results expressed or implied in such statements. Capstone cautions readers not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date of this release. Capstone undertakes no obligation, and specifically disclaims any obligation, to release any revisions to any forward-looking statements to reflect events or circumstances after the date of this release or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events.
"Capstone" and "Capstone MicroTurbine" are registered trademarks of Capstone Turbine Corporation. All other trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners.
The photo is also available at Newscom, www.newscom.com, and via AP PhotoExpress.
CONTACT: Capstone Turbine Corporation Investor and investment media inquiries: 818-407-3628 email@example.com INVESTORS: Dian Griesel Int'l Cheryl Schneider/Tom Caden 212-825-3210
Source:Capstone Turbine Corporation