San Francisco, Dec. 07, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The global X-ray Security Screening Market is expected to reach USD 2.89 billion by 2020. Threats pertaining to piracy, drug trade, cross-border terrorism, human trafficking, etc., are anticipated to fuel global x-ray security screening market demand over the forecast period. The risk of terrorist attack has driven investment in the aviation security. Further, illegal arms, drug trafficking and immigration have heightened border security, which is expected to favorably impact the demand for body & baggage screening systems and explosive detection systems.
The sales of x-ray security and inspection systems significantly rely on the decision of governmental agencies to upgrade or expand existing border crossing inspection sites, airports, seaport inspection sites, military facilities, and other security installations. The decision of governmental agencies to incorporate new systems or to upgrade existing infrastructure plays an important role in driving market demand. Further, the aviation sector has to keep pace with evolving travel environment by adopting several security measures, which is expected to drive the x-ray security screening market over the next few years. Development of flexible security screening systems in order to address terror threats is also anticipated to fuel market demand. In addition, upgrades for existing installations provide opportunities for market growth. However, ionizing radiations generated by x-ray security scanners are known to be carcinogenic, and may hinder market growth over the forecast period.
Browse Full Research Report With TOC @ http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/x-ray-security-screening-market-analysis-by-end-use-transit-commercial-government-by-application-people-screening-product-screening-and-segment-forecasts-to-2020
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- The transit sector is poised for high growth over the forecast period. X-ray security screening systems are primarily used for baggage screening, and account for substantial usage across the civil aviation sector.
- X-ray security screening exhibits high penetration in the government sector, and accounted for substantial market share in 2013. Upgrades for existing installations are expected to drive the regional market demand, particularly across the border security application. The decision of governmental agencies to incorporate new systems or to upgrade existing infrastructure plays an important role in driving market demand.
- Product screening accounted for considerable market share in 2013, with significant demand originating from the cargo and baggage screening applications.
- North America accounted for a sizable share of the global x-ray security screening market in 2013. The Homeland Security Department has invested heavily in U.S. customs and border security, which is expected to catapult the segment demand over the forecast period.
- A few key industry participants, including OSI Systems (Rapiscan), Smiths Detection, American Science and Engineering, Morpho Detection and Analogic Corporation are constantly innovating with considerable R&D investments to gain competitve advantage, and maintain strong market position.
X-Ray Security Screening End-Use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
Browse All Reports of This Category at: http://www.radiantinsights.com/catalog/semiconductors
X-Ray Security Screening Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
- People Screening
- Product Screening
X-Ray Security Screening Regional Outlook (USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
Related reports by Radiant Insights:
- Global Gasification Market –
- Global Geomembranes Market –
About Radiant Insights
Radiant Insights is a platform for companies looking to meet their market research and business intelligence requirements. We assist and facilitate organizations and individuals procure market research reports, helping them in the decision making process. We have a comprehensive collection of reports, covering over 40 key industries and a host of micro markets. In addition to over extensive database of reports, our experienced research coordinators also offer a host of ancillary services such as, research partnerships/ tie-ups and customized research solutions.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Radiant Insights, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Source: Radiant Insights