NEW YORK, Dec. 15, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Avanan, the one-click cloud security company, has announced a partnership with Check Point Software Technologies (NASDAQ:CHKP), the largest pure-play security vendor globally, to drive change in enterprise-level cloud app protection. Avanan provides leading security solutions for the cloud, and with this partnership, will now offer cloud-based versions of Check Point’s data protection solutions for malware, data loss and encryption to safeguard Office 365, Box, Google Apps, Salesforce and other enterprise SaaS applications.
A photo accompanying this announcement is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/NewsRoom/AttachmentNg/5cb21cd8-f71c-45b2-9fd1-59b4504fcddd
“We have been running the Avanan + Check Point solution as pre-release for several months and have seen tremendous interest from both existing Check Point customers as well as new prospects. Both want to protect their corporate SaaS using a vendor they already trust,” said Gil Friedrich, CEO and cofounder of Avanan. “Before today, these best-of-breed security products were just not available for the enterprise SaaS.”
These cloud-native versions of Check Point’s most popular privacy and compliance products are only available on the Avanan platform. When combined with Avanan’s automated response and remediation engine, they offer the industry’s most complete, defense-in-depth, policy governance solution.
- Avanan + Check Point SandBlast Threat Emulation (Sandboxing) identifies malware at the exploit stage by inspecting files in a virtual sandbox to discover malicious behavior and identify zero-day and targeted attacks before they are downloaded from the cloud
- Avanan + Check Point Threat Prevention Antivirus uses real-time virus signatures and anomaly-based protections from ThreatCloud™ to detect and quarantine malware before it can be shared in the cloud
- Avanan + Check Point SandBlast Threat Extraction sanitizes infected documents in the cloud by reconstructing files with known safe elements before they reach the desktop
- Avanan + Check Point Shadow-IT Detection monitors employee use of the web to find unsanctioned SaaS applications that might violate corporate policy
- Avanan + Check Point Data Loss Prevention controls sensitive information in the cloud to ensure it does not leave the company or is not shared with the wrong individuals inside the organization. Such information might include personally identifiable information (PII), compliance-related data (HIPAA, SOX, PCI, etc.) or confidential business data (Q1 2016 release)
- Avanan + Check Point Capsule (Information Rights Management) seamlessly encrypts business documents before they are downloaded from the cloud to ensure access only by authorized users (Q1 2016 release)
“Through the integration with Avanan, our customers can now use the same Check Point products they know to protect their data in the cloud,” said Alon Kantor, VP of business development for Check Point. “This expands our product suite into an area that our customers are most concerned about – SaaS security.”
Avanan’s “one-click” deployment allows customers to deploy a new security solution in seconds. Because it requires no appliance, agent or gateway proxy, Avanan can begin protecting a SaaS account immediately, with no effect on users.
Read more and start a 30-day trial at http://www.avanan.com/check-point-brief.
Visit Avanan at RSA 2016 San Francisco: South Expo Booth 161.
Tweet This: .@AvananCloud takes @CheckPointSW’s #security solutions to the enterprise #cloud http://bit.ly/1mk5nJT #cloudsecurity #dataprotection
AVANAN (www.avanan.com) protects data in the enterprise SaaS with the same industry-leading security that corporations trust in their datacenter. The cloud-based platform is completely out-of-band, requires no proxy and can be deployed in just 10 minutes to protect corporate data in enterprise SaaS. It is true, one-click security for the cloud.
Avanan has been named one of CRN’s 10 Coolest Security Startups of 2015. The company’s HQ is in New York City, and R&D is in Tel-Aviv, Israel.
This photo is also available via AP PhotoExpress.
Media Contact: Deb Montner, Montner Tech PR, firstname.lastname@example.org, 126.96.36.19990