San Francisco, Dec. 15, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Global Silver Nanoparticles Market is expected to reach USD 2.45 billion by 2022. Rising demand for antimicrobial materials in healthcare applications is expected to drive silver nanoparticles market over the forecast period. Development of high-end electronics coupled with growing demand for gadgets is expected to promote silver nanoparticle market growth over the next seven years.
Healthcare was the largest application segment, accounting for over 30% of global silver nanoparticles market revenue in 2014. Growth of the healthcare market on account of growing consumer awareness regarding general well-being, increasing geriatric population and rise in disposable income is expected to augment silver nanoparticles market. Increasing demand for antimicrobial textiles on account of rising consumer awareness regarding hygiene is anticipated to stimulate market growth.
Browse Full Research Report With TOC on http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/silver-nanoparticles-market-by-application-electronics-amp-electrical-healthcare-food-amp-beverages-textiles-and-segment-forecasts-to-2022
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Increasing application scope of silver nanoparticles in transparent conductors, which are widely used in touch screens, LED & OLED display and lighting coupled with growing demand for high-end gadgets is expected to drive market growth
- North America dominated the global silver nanoparticles market in 2014 accounting for over 35% of the market in terms of volume and the trend is anticipated to continue over the forecast period. Rising awareness regarding prevention of hospital acquired diseases is expected to play an important role in promoting silver nanoparticles use in medical devices & equipment and textiles
- Increasing application scope of silver nanoparticles in children's toys in order to reduce spread of diseases by minimizing surface antimicrobial activities is expected to open new opportunities for market growth over the forecast period
- Emergence of nanofinished textiles for odor control and curb growth of infection causing bacteria is expected to propel silver nanoparticles market demand
- Presence of stringent regulatory framework, particularly in North America and Europe, is anticipated to hamper silver nanoparticles market. Furthermore, numerous studies have been undertaken to ascertain harmful effects of nanosilver to the environment, which is further anticipated to restrain market growth.
- Key players present in the global silver nanoparticle market include Emfutur Technologies, Meliorum Technologies Inc, Nanoshel, NanoHorizons and Cline Scientific AB. The market is characterized by companies developing proprietary manufacturing technologies. For instance, Cima Nanotech developed SANTE (Self Assembling Nanotech Technology), an innovative self-assembling coating material.
Browse All Reports of This Category at: http://www.radiantinsights.com/catalog/materials
Global Silver Nanoparticles Application Outlook (Volume, Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2022)
- Electronics & electrical
- Food & beverages
Global Silver Nanoparticles Regional Outlook (Volume, Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2022)
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
Related Reports by Radiant Insights:
- Global Biofertilizers Market –
- Global Autogas Market –
About Radiant Insights
Radiant Insights is a market research and consulting company offering syndicated research studies, customized reports, and consulting services. Our market research studies are designed to facilitate strategic decision making, on the basis of extensive and in-depth quantitative information, supported by extensive analysis and industry insights. Using a patented and robust research methodology, we publish exhaustive research reports covering a host of industries such as Technology, Chemicals, Materials, and Energy.Radiant Insights has a strong base of analysts, consultants and domain experts, with global experience helping us deliver excellence in all research projects we undertake.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Radiant Insights, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Source: Radiant Insights