RHINEBECK, N.Y., Dec. 21, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Phoenix Marketing International (http://phoenixmi.com/), a global marketing research firm, today revealed new insights from the company's mobile insights platform, mXP. When asked, "How much do you plan to donate to charitable causes this Holiday Season?" 32% of respondents say they plan to make smaller donations ranging from $1-49. Individuals were also asked about the types of organizations where their giving will be directed. Charities focusing on families and children took the lead, with 36% of respondents saying they would choose this kind of charity to donate to. Food banks and shelters were a close second at 32%.
In addition to the giving amounts outlined above the research uncovered the following:
- Those undecided on the amount they will give make up 24% of responses.
- 13% say they will donate $50-99, and 12% saying they will not donate at all. Percentages fall well under 10% as the donation amount climbs.
- Of those planning on making small donations (1-49$), 41% of respondents were under the age of 35, 47% were between the ages of 35 and 54,and only 11% of small donations are coming from people over 55.
- Only 12% of donors under the age of 35 will be giving $350 or more. Older Americans (56%) between the ages of 35 and 54 will give $350+ with 55+ trailing behind at 33%.
- Only 13% of women said they don't plan on donating this year while 17% of men said they wouldn't be.
In addition to charities focusing on families and children as well as food banks and shelters the data revealed around other categories included:
- Respondents were least likely to donate to human rights charities coming it at a mere 7%.
- Of those with more to donate (salaries of 100k+ a year), 40% said they will be donating to families and children in need, 36% said food banks and shelters, and 28% said religious charities would be on their list.
- Of those making under $25,000 a year, families, children and food banks took the top two rankings at over 60% combined, with 21% of these respondents saying they intend to donate to animal welfare this holiday season.
mXP, powered by SessionM, is a suite of mobile products that include Phoenix's best-in-class market research methods, vertical industry expertise, and advanced analytics. mXP products provide access to an extensive network of on-the-go consumers, sourced from 100+ million mobile device users and among a coalition of 1,700 integrated mobile apps. mXP provides marketers with insights quickly, acquiring more than 275,000 responses each day, allowing for accelerated delivery of decision-making information and answers to business critical questions.
CONTACT: Kristin Johnson, firstname.lastname@example.orgSource:Phoenix Marketing International