San Francisco, Dec. 22, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The global Meat Substitute Market is expected to reach USD 5810.1 million by 2022. Rising health awareness coupled with shifting dietary preferences towards vegan diet is expected to drive the global meat substitutes market. Recent animal disease outbreaks and growing prevalence of various lifestyle induced diseases such as obesity and diabetes are also expected to have a positive impact on the market growth. High price of various meat substitutes is expected to hinder the market growth. Increasing R&D initiatives to develop superior and cheaper products is expected to yield opportunities for market participants.
Soy emerged as the major raw material used for producing meat substitute products. Soy alone accounted for over 80% of total market revenue in 2014. Growing demand for nutritional food on account of growing health concerns is expected to drive this segment over the forecast period. Soy based meat substitutes is a good source of vitamin B, protein and Iron. Wheat is expected to be the fastest growing raw material use for producing meat substitutes. The segment is expected to grow at an estimated CAGR of 10.0% from 2015 to 2022.
Browse Full Research Report With TOC On "Meat Substitutes Market Analysis By Product (Tofu, Tofu-Based Products, Tempeh, Textured Vegetable Protein (TVP), Other Soy Products, Seitan, Quorn), By Raw Material (Soy-Based, Wheat-Based, Mycoprotein) And Segment Forecasts To 2022" at: http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/meat-substitutes-market-analysis-by-product-tofu-tofu-based-products-tempeh-textured-vegetable-protein-tvp-other-soy-products-seitan-quorn-by-raw-material-soy-based-wheat-based-mycoprotein-and-segment-forecasts-to-2022
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Global meat substitute market was valued at USD 3,336.5 million in 2014 and is expected to reach USD 5,810.1 million by 2022, growing at a CAGR of 7.5% from 2015 to 2022.
- Textured vegetable protein (TVP) emerged as the leading product segment and accounted for 43.7% of total market revenue in 2014. Increasing demand for soy based meat substitutes is expected to drive this segment over the forecast period. Seitan is expected to witness the highest growth of 9.8% from 2015 to 2022. Growing wheat gluten consumption in Asia Pacific is expected to drive this segment over the forecast period.
- Europe emerged as the leading regional market and accounted for 42.0% of total market revenue in 2014. Growing health concerns particularly in developed economies of Europe is expected to drive the regional market over the forecast period. Asia Pacific is expected to witness the highest growth of 8.6% from 2015 to 2022. Increasing disposable income level particularly in India, China and Indonesia is expected to drive the regional market.
- Major industry participants have been taking strong initiatives to develop superior quality meat substitute products. Companies have been engaged in mergers & acquisitions and forging partnerships with those possessing R&D capabilities and having strong presence in the agro sector. Prominent industry participants include AMY's Kitchen, Beyond Meat, Blue Chip Group, Cauldron Foods UK, garden Protein International Inc., Meatless B.V., Quorn Foods and Vbites Food Ltd.
Browse All Reports of This Category at: www.radiantinsights.com/catalog/food
Global Meat Substitutes Raw Material Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2022)
Global Meat Substitutes Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2022)
- Textured Vegetable Protein (TVP)
- Other Soy Products
Global Meat Substitutes Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2022)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Middle East and Africa
Related Reports by Radiant Insights:
- Gensets Market in Kuwait –
- Global Automotive Alternator Market –
About Radiant Insights
Radiant Insights is a market research and consulting company offering syndicated research studies, customized reports, and consulting services. Our market research studies are designed to facilitate strategic decision making, on the basis of extensive and in-depth quantitative information, supported by extensive analysis and industry insights. Using a patented and robust research methodology, we publish exhaustive research reports covering a host of industries such as Technology, Chemicals, Materials, and Energy.Radiant Insights has a strong base of analysts, consultants and domain experts, with global experience helping us deliver excellence in all research projects we undertake.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Radiant Insights, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Source: Radiant Insights