San Francisco, Dec. 23, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The global Bioadhesives Market is expected to reach USD 2,549.2 million by 2022. Volatile prices of synthetic adhesives on account of fluctuation in raw material prices is expected to remain a key driving factor for global bioadhesives market. Government support to promote the use of natural, environmental friendly products particularly in North America and Europe is also expected to have a positive influence on the market growth. Growth of key end-use industries such as packaging, construction and automotive particularly in emerging markets of Asia Pacific is also expected to impact the demand positively. Low shelf life of bioadhesives compared to synthetic adhesives is expected to remain a key challenge for market participants.
Plants were the largest source for bioadhesives and accounted for over 87.0% of the total market volume in 2014. Promising plant based adhesives such as starch, soy and corn find wide application across various end-use industries and are expected to provide lucrative opportunities to industry participants and augment global market growth. Animal based adhesives are expected to witness steady growth of 13.2% from 2015 to 2022.
Browse Full Research Report With TOC On "Bioadhesives Market Analysis By Source (Plant Based & Animal based), By Application (Packaging & Paper, Construction, Wood, Personal Care, Medical) And Segment Forecasts To 2022" at: http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/bioadhesives-market-analysis-by-source-plant-based-amp-animal-based-by-application-packaging-amp-paper-construction-wood-personal-care-medical-and-segment-forecasts-to-2022
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Global bioadhesives market demand was 784.0 kilo tons in 2014 and is expected to reach 2,046.8 kilo tons by 2022, growing at a CAGR of 13.0% from 2015 to 2022.
- Packaging & paper was the leading application segment and accounted for 37.2% of total market volume in 2014. Growing demand for natural products for packaging particularly from food & beverages industry is expected to drive this segment over the forecast period. Medical is expected to witness the highest growth of 13.8% from 2015 to 2022. Increasing application base of bioadhesives in medical industry such as surgical bioadhesives, wound care dressing and transdermal drug delivery systems is expected to drive this segment.
- Europe emerged as the largest regional market and accounted for 43.2% of total consumption in 2014. Germany emerged as the leading bioadhesives consumer in Europe. Government support in the form of cash grant up to 50% for bioadhesive manufacturers coupled with emission reduction norms in wood industry is expected to drive the regional growth over the forecast period. Asia Pacific bioadhesives market is expected to exceed USD 500 million by 2022.
- Global bioadhesives market is moderately consolidated with presence of large scale and small scale companies. Some of the major companies operating in the global market include Henkel AG & Co., Ashland, Arkema SA, Ecosynthetix Inc., 3M Company, Danimer Scientific LLC, Cryolife Inc., Yparex B.V., Dow Chemical Company, Adhesives Research Inc., Paramelt, Adhbio and Bioadhesive Alliance Inc.
Browse All Reports of This Category at: http://www.radiantinsights.com/catalog/chemicals
Global Bioadhesives Source Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 -2022)
- Plant based
- Animal based
Global Bioadhesives Application Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2022)
- Packaging & paper
- Personal Care
Global Bioadhesives Regional Outlook (Volume Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2022)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
Related Reports by Radiant Insights:
- Global Cheese Market –
- Global Circulating Fluidized Bed (CFB) Market –
About Radiant Insights
Radiant Insights is a market research and consulting company offering syndicated research studies, customized reports, and consulting services. Our market research studies are designed to facilitate strategic decision making, on the basis of extensive and in-depth quantitative information, supported by extensive analysis and industry insights. Using a patented and robust research methodology, we publish exhaustive research reports covering a host of industries such as Technology, Chemicals, Materials, and Energy.Radiant Insights has a strong base of analysts, consultants and domain experts, with global experience helping us deliver excellence in all research projects we undertake.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Radiant Insights, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Source: Radiant Insights