Every day you reach for your phone, tap the screen and open … which app?
Analysts at Mizuho Securities think they might have a good idea.
The financial firm surveyed more than a thousand mobile users to determine the most trafficked apps of this year, testing platforms across search, social and mobile commerce.
Here's what the survey found:
- 80 percent of users still search with Google
- only 8-9 percent go directly to the Google app
- Facebook is the No. 1 social app, Instagram is No. 2 and Snapchat is No. 3
- Twitter fell to the seventh most trafficked social app
- 61 percent of users began their mobile shopping experience on Amazon in November (compared to 45 percent in June this year)
Based on this data, Mizuho Securities analyst Neil Doshi told CNBC's "Squawk Alley" on Monday that he's betting on Facebook, Amazon and Alphabet for 2016. If this analysis sounds familiar, it's because it's coming on the heels of a pattern investors have noticed all year.