The hottest Christmas gift of the year has come under investigation by the Consumer Product Safety Commission.
The group revealed on Monday that it will investigate 22 reports of hoverboard fires that have occurred in at least 17 states.
Amazon.com also yanked some hoverboards from its site and recommended that consumers throw unsafe ones away.
On Monday a hoverboard caught fire at the Deerbrook Mall in Texas. The fire was contained and extinguished before the fire department arrived, according to an NBC affiliate in Houston. Officials said that the mall was not officially evacuated and no one was injured.