Albany, NY, Jan. 05, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- "Biobanking: Developing Smart, Sustainable and Ethically Compliant Biorepositories for the Future" discusses fundamental concepts in biobanking and recent technology advancements in the field. The report also describes ethical and regulatory concerns in biobanking as well as the economic challenges and opportunities surrounding this industry. Furthermore, this report provides strategic recommendations on how to overcome some of the most critical economic, technological and ethical challenges facing this fast-growing sector.
Biobanks collect human biospecimens and associated data for medical-scientific research, and organize samples and data in a systematic way for use by others. The importance of biobanks lies in determining the most effective way to store that information and make it available when required. Biobanks may collect different samples from diseased or healthy individuals in various settings.
The integration of novel tools such as big data techniques, coupled with the increasing industry need for high-quality biospecimens for research, will lead to expanding biospecimen collections, ultimately resulting in the growth of this sector. Biobanks currently exist on every continent with most located in North America, followed by Europe. Australia has the highest number of biobanks in the Asia-Pacific region whilst India has the highest number of biobanks, when considering the developing economies only.
The development of a biobank depends upon people's willingness to donate their samples for research and to agree to sample storage. The participation and support of the public is therefore of crucial importance as their attitude towards biobanking activities will determine the success of many of these organizations.
For more info, get a PDF: http://tinyurl.com/hwvbtrz
- What are the fundamentals of biobanking?
- How can biobanks be classified and what are their different applications in healthcare?
- What are the economic challenges faced by biobanks and how can these be overcome?
- What are the most recent technology advancements in biobanking?
- What role does biobanking play in drug discovery and clinical trials?
- How are biobanks distributed geographically?
- What are the prospects of Big Data and associated technologies within biobanking?
- What are the technological and legal challenges?
- What are the main healthcare opportunities that can be leveraged?
- What is the public attitude towards various biobanking activities?
- What are the challenges in obtaining informed consent from donors and what strategies can biobanks adopt to overcome these challenges?
- What are the current ethical and regulatory challenges in biobanking?
- What is the role and importance of the international charter of principles for data sharing between biobanks?
- What are the main intellectual property right opportunities and challenges within biobanking? How can biobanks overcome these challenges and mitigate potential risks?
Reasons to buy:-
This report will allow you to -
- Gain insights in the biobanking industry: This report describes fundamental concepts in biobanking, biobank classification as well as economic, technological and ethical challenges surrounding these organizations. Learn how biobanks can overcome these challenges through best practice guidelines and strategic recommendations.
- Understand the role of biobanks in research and development: This report demonstrates the relationship between biobanks and R&D groups.
- Gain analysis on the distribution of biobanks in key regions and countries: This includes detailed analysis on the number of biobanks within each of the key regions and countries.
- Review and assess recent advances in biobanking technologies: This includes technology innovations in specimen collection, storage, temperature maintenance, consumables, data handling, transportation of biospecimens, and the integration of big data technologies in biobanking activities.
ResearchMoz is the world’s fastest growing collection of market research reports worldwide. Our database is composed of current market studies from over 100 featured publishers worldwide. Our market research databases integrate statistics with analysis from global, regional, country and company perspectives. ResearchMoz’s service portfolio also includes value-added services such as market research customization, competitive landscaping, and in-depth surveys, delivered by a team of experienced Research Coordinators.
Mr. Nachiket Ghumare State Tower, 90 State Street, Suite 700, Albany NY – 12207 United States Tel: +1-518-621-2074 USA - Canada Toll Free: 866-997-4948 Website: http://www.researchmoz.us/
Source:Researchmoz Global Pvt Ltd