BOWIE, Md., Jan. 05, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Inovalon (Nasdaq:INOV), a leading technology company providing advanced, cloud-based analytics and data-driven intervention platforms to the healthcare industry, today announced the names of organizations that benefitted from its charitable contributions in 2015, which include both local and national charities. Since the charitable giving program inception in 2008, Inovalon has donated more than one million dollars to organizations within the medical, environmental, arts and humanitarian communities.
Inovalon has been committed to corporate philanthropy programs and takes great pride in its support of programs that focus on the development of youth and the arts, the provision of shelter and care for those in need. Inovalon continued this initiative in 2015 with the support of 30 worthy causes throughout the year.
“Corporate responsibility is at the heart of Inovalon’s culture and we believe that we have a responsibility not only to our clients, their members, our employees and the greater healthcare community, but also to our local communities,” said Keith Dunleavy, M.D., chief executive officer and chairman of the board of Inovalon. “To this end, we are pleased and honored to have the ability to continue supporting a wide array of wonderful organizations which serve the communities in which our team members live and raise their families.”
In 2015, Inovalon donated to the following organizations:
- A Bigger Picture, Inc.: Provides young girls in the Washington, D.C. metro area with guidance to reach their personal goals through opportunities that build self-confidence, character and leadership skills.
- Alzheimer’s Association: Raises awareness and funds for Alzheimer’s care, support and research.
- American Cancer Society, Relay for Life: Supports education and prevention efforts on a worldwide scale and funds groundbreaking cancer research and resources for those fighting cancer.
- Anne Arundel Medical Center Foundation: Provides healthcare for persons in the Anne Arundel County community who are otherwise unable to afford the necessary care.
- Annapolis Wellness House: Provides a place of understanding and information gathering for the patients, children and families of those afflicted by cancer within Anne Arundel County, Maryland.
- Arch Street Center: Supports the recovery of adults living with serious mental illness.
- Azalea Charities: Supports the special needs of wounded U.S. soldiers who suffer from PTSD, TBI and other related stresses, as well as assists homeless veterans in the Northern Virginia area.
- Blessings in a Backpack: Provides weekend meals for children that otherwise may not eat until they return to school on Mondays.
- Boy Scouts of America, Baltimore Area Council: Prepares young people to make ethical and moral choices over their lifetimes by instilling in them the values of the Scout Oath and Law.
- Capuchin Soup Kitchen: Tends to people’s basic needs, especially the need for food, and offers a wide array of other much-needed services and counseling for families, adults and children living in the Detroit, Michigan area.
- Children of Mine Youth Center: Provides at-risk children in the Washington, DC, area with intellectual, nutritional and emotional support.
- Chinese American Medical Society: Works to improve the health status of Chinese Americans and promotes excellence in healthcare for all through the mobilization of healthcare professionals.
- Creating Communities: Offers arts-based, alternative education opportunities in Anne Arundel County, Maryland. Provides arts instruction, mentoring and experiential learning to increase workforce skills, artistic skills, life skills, academic competences and community service.
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation: Provides resources and high-quality specialized care to those living with Cystic Fibrosis.
- Ehlers-Danlos National Foundation: Offers support and resources for those affected by Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, a connective tissue disorder.
- Ele’s Place: Creates awareness and supports grieving children and their families within Lansing and Ann Arbor, Michigan.
- Empty Bowls: Promotes education of hunger issues and helps with hunger relief in Loudoun County, Virginia.
- Gateway Youth Services: Offers shelter for runaway and homeless youth in Lansing, Michigan.
- Geisinger Health System Foundation: Supports patient-focused programs at the Geisinger Medical Center in Danville, Pennsylvania.
- Girl Scouts of Central Maryland: Helps young girls build character and gain skills for success in the real world.
- Healthcare for the Homeless: Provides quality, integrated healthcare to aid in the prevention of homelessness.
- Lighthouse Shelter: Provides emergency shelter, transitional housing, homelessness prevention and other support services to the homeless persons in central Maryland.
- Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation: Offers childhood cancer awareness, education, advocacy, research and psychosocial support to children and families.
- Message of Hope Foundation: Delivers hope through activity kits to hospitalized children with special needs, as well as chronic and life-threatening illnesses.
- NOVA Therapeutic Riding Program: Provides therapeutic, equine-assisted activities to people with disabilities, at-risk youth and recovering military personnel.
- Southern High School Business & Community Advisory Board: Offers and supports programs that provide opportunities for students by bridging the classroom experience with the practical and emotional skills necessary to transition to college and the business world.
- Starlight Children’s Foundation: Provides funds to support the critical needs of more than 600 hospitals, specialty clinics and camps, respite houses, and hospices in the U.S. and Puerto Rico.
- St. Baldrick’s Foundation: Funds the most promising research to find cures for childhood cancers and give survivors long, healthy lives.
- Tyler’s Hope: Advances research to find cures, discover treatments and promote awareness and education of Dystonia, the 3rd largest movement disorder.
- YWCA of Annapolis: Works to eliminate racism, empower women and promote peace, justice, freedom and dignity.
Inovalon is a leading technology company that combines advanced, cloud-based data analytics, and data-driven intervention platforms to achieve meaningful insight and impact in clinical and quality outcomes, utilization, and financial performance across the healthcare landscape. Inovalon's unique achievement of value is delivered through the effective progression of Turning Data into Insight, and Insight into Action®. Large proprietary datasets, advanced integration technologies, sophisticated predictive analytics, data-driven intervention platforms, and deep subject matter expertise deliver a seamless, end-to-end capability that brings the benefits of big data and large-scale analytics to the point of care. Driven by data, Inovalon uniquely identifies gaps in care, quality, data integrity, and financial performance – while bringing to bear the unique capabilities to resolve them. Providing technology that supports hundreds of healthcare organizations in 98.2% of U.S. counties and Puerto Rico, Inovalon's cloud-based analytical and data-driven intervention platforms are informed by data pertaining to more than 777,000 physicians, 266,000 clinical facilities, and more than 127 million Americans. Through these capabilities, and those of its subsidiary Avalere Health, Inc., which offers data-driven advisory services and business intelligence to more than 200 pharmaceutical and life sciences enterprises, Inovalon is able to drive high-value impact, improving quality and economics for health plans, ACOs, hospitals, physicians, consumers and pharma/life-sciences researchers. For more information, visit www.inovalon.com.
Contacts: Inovalon. Kim E. Collins Phone: 301-809-4000 x1473 email@example.com
Source:Inovalon Holdings, Inc.