GHENT, Belgium, Jan. 5, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Ablynx [Euronext Brussels: ABLX; OTC: ABYLY] today announced, in accordance with Article 14 of the Belgian Law of 2 May 2007 regarding the publication of major shareholdings in issuers whose securities are admitted to trading on a regulated market (the "Transparency Law"), that it received a notification of shareholdings from Abingworth Management Limited and Abingworth LLP.
Abingworth Management Limited notified Ablynx that they have dropped below the 3% threshold and now hold 1,594,401 Ablynx shares, which represent 2.91% of the current 54,812,374 outstanding Ablynx shares. Abingworth LLP holds 615,644 Ablynx shares, representing 1.12% of the current outstanding Ablynx shares. The combined holding of Abingworth Management Limited and Abingworth LLP is now 2,210,045 Ablynx shares, which represents 4.03% of the current 54,812,374 outstanding Ablynx shares.
Abingworth LLP ("ALLP") acts as manager of Abingworth Bioventures ("ABV") V LP and Abingworth Bioequities Master Fund Limited and exercises voting rights for shares held by those funds. Abingworth Management Limited ("AML") acts as manager of ABV IV LP and ABV IV Executives LP and has engaged ALLP to assist it in the provision of fund management services for those funds. An investment Committee comprised of the same individuals at ALLP effectively exercises voting rights for funds managed by AML as well as funds managed by ALLP.
Full versions of all transparency notifications are available on Ablynx website, under the section Investors.
Ablynx is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of Nanobodies®, proprietary therapeutic proteins based on single-domain antibody fragments, which combine the advantages of conventional antibody drugs with some of the features of small-molecule drugs. Ablynx is dedicated to creating new medicines which will make a real difference to society. Today, the Company has approximately 40 proprietary and partnered programmes in development in various therapeutic areas including inflammation, haematology, immuno-oncology, oncology and respiratory disease. The Company has collaborations with multiple pharmaceutical companies including AbbVie, Boehringer Ingelheim, Eddingpharm, Genzyme, Merck & Co., Inc., Merck KGaA, Novartis, Novo Nordisk and Taisho Pharmaceuticals. The Company is headquartered in Ghent, Belgium. More information can be found on www.ablynx.com.
For more information, please contact
Dr Edwin Moses
t: +32 (0)9 262 00 07
m: +32 (0)473 39 50 68
Associate Director Investor Relations
t: +32 (0)9 262 00 82
m: +32 (0)479 49 06 03
Follow us on Twitter @AblynxABLX
Ablynx media relations Instinctif Partners:
Sue Charles, Daniel Gooch
t: +44 (0)20 7866 7905
Belgium/Dutch and French language
t: +32 (0)2 626 9500
Pdf version of the press release http://hugin.info/137912/R/1976399/723331.pdf