San Francisco, Jan. 05, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The global Temperature Sensors Market is expected to reach USD 6.13 billion by 2020. Increasing global demand for smarter consumer electronics and automobiles is expected to favor market growth over the forecast period. Temperature sensors are increasingly used in smartphones and other consumer electronics to monitor their temperature and enhance performance.
Basic temperature sensors include resistive temperature devices (RTD), thermocouples, liquid expansion devices, silicon diodes, infrared sensors etc. Additionally, fusion of communication, computing and sensing is expected to drive the MEMS market, which is expected to benefit global temperature sensor demand. Technological advancements and device miniaturization also drive market growth. Need for ensuring safety and favorable regulatory scenario is expected to fuel market growth over the forecast period. However, intense competition and significant price cuts may restrain the temperature sensors market over the forecast period.
Browse Full Research Report With TOC On "Temperature Sensors Market Analysis By Application (Automotive, Consumer Electronics, Environmental, Medical, Process Industries) And Segment Forecasts To 2020" at: http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/temperature-sensors-market-analysis-by-application-automotive-consumer-electronics-environmental-medical-process-industries-and-segment-forecasts-to-2020
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Consumer electronics and environmental applications are expected to grow at a considerable rate over the forecast period. Temperature sensors are increasingly used standalone or integrated with diverse equipment. This technology is spurred by factors such as low cost and power and wireless connectivity. Introduction of new raw materials such as polymers is expected to lower the weight, size and cost of electronic devices.
- Sensors are used in wide range of applications such as consumer electronics, automotive, process industries etc. owing to easy equipment integration. Temperature sensors are increasing used in automotive applications such as cylinder head temperatures, coolant, and air intake. Therefore, rise in automobile production is expected to favor market demand. Temperature sensors are also used in HVAC, environmental control, food processing, medical devices and chemical handling applications.
- The Asia Pacific temperature sensors market accounted for over 30% of the global demand and is expected to grow at a considerable rate over the next six years. The regional market is expected to be driven by advancements in sensor technology and demand for high-performance sensors that can be fitted into handheld portable devices. China is expected to be the largest contributor to regional market revenue generation over the next six years.
- Key market participants include ABB, Delphi Automotive, Analog Devices Inc., Siemens AG, Freescale Semiconductor, Honeywell International, Texas Instruments, NXP Semiconductors, Panasonic, etc. Honeywell serves various industries including aerospace & defense, medical, transportation, industrial etc. Key players are increasingly moving their manufacturing facilities in countries with economical labor particularly in Asia Pacific to reduce their overall cost. Cost effective and differentiated services are expected to be a critical success factor for the industry participants.
Browse All Reports of This Category at: http://www.radiantinsights.com/catalog/semiconductors
Temperature Sensors Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
- Consumer Electronics
- Healthcare & Medical
- Process Industries
Temperature Sensors Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
Related Reports by Radiant Insights:
- Global Automotive Ambient Lighting Market –
- Global Automotive Climate Control Market –
About Radiant Insights
Radiant Insights is a market research and consulting company offering syndicated research studies, customized reports, and consulting services. Our market research studies are designed to facilitate strategic decision making, on the basis of extensive and in-depth quantitative information, supported by extensive analysis and industry insights. Using a patented and robust research methodology, we publish exhaustive research reports covering a host of industries such as Technology, Chemicals, Materials, and Energy.Radiant Insights has a strong base of analysts, consultants and domain experts, with global experience helping us deliver excellence in all research projects we undertake.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Radiant Insights, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Source: Radiant Insights