Albany, NY, Jan. 13, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- As consumer voice and data services revenues reach their saturation point, wireless carriers are keen to capitalize on other avenues to drive revenue growth. One such opportunity is providing network connectivity for M2M (Machine to Machine) devices like smart meters, connected cars, healthcare monitors and digital signage. Despite its low ARPU, M2M technology has helped carriers establish steady revenue streams across several verticals including utilities, healthcare, automotive, transportation, logistics, public safety, retail, and even consumer electronics.
Another key opportunity is the monetization of wearable technology. Mobile device OEMs are aggressively investing in wearable devices, in order to offset declining margins in their traditional smartphone and tablet markets. As a result, the market has been flooded with a variety of smart bands, smart watches and other wearable devices capable of collecting, sending and processing data over mobile applications.
Eyeing opportunities to route huge volumes of traffic from these wearable devices, many wireless carriers are now seeking to fit wearable technology with their M2M offerings, targeting both consumer and vertical markets. SNS Research expects that M2M and wearable devices can help carriers pocket as much as $116 Billion in network connectivity revenue by the end of 2020, following a CAGR of over 40% between 2015 and 2020.
The M2M, IoT & Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2015 – 2020 report package provides an in-depth assessment of M2M and wearable technology, including key market drivers, challenges, investment potential, consumer & vertical market opportunities, use cases, future roadmap, value chain, deployment case studies, ecosystem player profiles and strategic recommendations. The report also presents forecasts for wearable device shipments, M2M module shipments, M2M connections, and associated submarkets from 2014 through to 2020. The forecasts are further segmented into vertical, regional, technology and country submarkets.
The report package comes with an associated Excel datasheet suite covering quantitative data from all numeric forecasts presented in the two reports.
The report package covers the following topics:
- M2M and wearable technology ecosystem
- Market drivers and challenges
- Future industry roadmap and value chain assessment
- Enabling technologies and architecture
- Standardization and regulatory initiatives
- Key trends in the M2M and wearable technology ecosystem
- Industry, wireless carrier and vendor commitments to M2M and wearable technology
Assessment of vertical market opportunities and use cases for consumer, healthcare, automotive, utilities, transportation, retail, hospitality, military, public safety and other verticals
M2M and wearable technology deployment case studies
Profiles and strategic assessment of over 450 ecosystem players
Strategic recommendations for enabling technology providers, wearable/M2M device OEMs, vertical market players, platform providers, application developers and wireless carriers
Global and regional market analysis and forecasts
Download Sample Copy of this Report at http://www.marketresearchreports.biz/sample/sample/232543
Key Questions Answered:
The report package provides answers to the following key questions:
- How big is the M2M and wearable technology ecosystem?
- How is the ecosystem evolving by segment and region?
- What will the market size be in 2020 and at what rate will it grow?
- What are the key applications of M2M and wearable technology across industry verticals?
- Which geographical regions, countries and industry verticals offer the greatest growth potential for M2M and wearable technology?
- How is the M2M and wearable technology value chain structured, how will it evolve overtime, and what will be its impact on key vertical segments of the market?
- What is the vendor market share for embedded cellular M2M modules, how many units will ship in 2020 and how will declining ASPs impact the sales revenue?
Browse Latest Technology Market Research Reports at http://www.marketresearchreports.biz/category/96
Marketresearchreports.biz is the most comprehensive collection of market research reports, supporting clients' market intelligence needs with over 100,000 market research reports, company profiles, data books, and regional market profits in its repository. We also offer consulting support for custom market research needs.
Market Research Reports.biz Mr.Nachiket Ghumare, +1-518-621-2074 USA-Canada Toll Free: 866-997-4948 email@example.com http://www.marketresearchreports.biz/