San Francisco, Jan. 14, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The global Carbon Fiber Reinforced Plastic Market is expected to reach USD 20.92 billion by 2020. Growing demand for high performance, light weight materials in automotive and aerospace industries is expected to remain a key driving factor for the global carbon fiber reinforced plastics (CFRP) market. Stringent regulations pertaining to vehicular emissions and high fuel prices have prompted CFRP adoption in automotive industry particularly in the U.S. and Europe. CRFP is a light weight material and provides significant weight reduction in windmill applications; thereby it's improving energy efficiency. The market is poised for growth owing to several benefits offered by CFRP, including rigidity and high strength. High-cost of CFRP is expected to remain a key challenge for market participants over the forecast period.
Polyacrylonitrile (PAN) and petroleum pitch are the key raw materials used for manufacturing CFRP. PAN-based CFRP emerged as the leading raw material and accounted for over 90% of total market volume in 2013. PAN is also expected to witness the highest growth of 14.4% from 2014 to 2020. The growth may be attributed to superior properties offered by PAN-based CFRP.
Browse Full Research Report With TOC On "Carbon Fiber Reinforced Plastic (CFRP) Market Size, Report, 2020" at: http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/carbon-fiber-reinforced-plastic-cfrp-market-analysis-by-raw-material-pan-and-pitch-by-product-thermoset-and-thermoplastic-by-application-automotive-aerospace-wind-turbine-sports-leisure-molding-amp-compound-construction-pressure-vessel-and-segment-forecasts-to-2020
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Thermoset was the leading product segment and accounted for 77.1% of total market volume in 2013. Thermoplastic CFRP is expected to witness the highest growth of 15.4% over the forecast period on account of high viscosity and short-process time offered by it.
- Aerospace emerged as the leading application segment and accounted for 23.5% of total market volume in 2013. The rise in demand can be attributed to its increasing adoption across the commercial aviation sector in Europe. Automotive is expected to be the fastest growing application segment at a CAGR of 19.5% from 2014 to 2020. Focus towards improving fuel efficiency by reducing overall weight of automobiles particularly in the U.S. and Europe is expected to drive CFRP demand in automotive industry.
- North America was the leading regional market and accounted for 36.8% of total market volume in 2013. Growing CFRP demand in automotive and aviation & defense sectors on account of stringent environmental regulations and need for fuel efficient vehicles is expected to drive the regional market over the forecast period. Europe is expected to witness significant growth of 16.4% from 2014 to 2020. Japan, China and Taiwan are the leading CFRP consumers in Asia Pacific and together accounts for over 90% of the regional market.
- Global carbon fiber reinforced plastic market is highly concentrated with top four companies accounting for over 60% of total market. Key market participants include Toho, Toray, Group, Mitsubishi Rayon Co. Ltd., Zoltek Cytec Industries SGL-Group. Other companies operating in the global market include Hexcel Corporation, Cytec Industries, Formosa Plastics Corporation, Hyosung, AKSACA etc.
Carbon Fiber Reinforced Plastic (CFRP) Raw Material Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
Browse All Reports of This Category at: www.radiantinsights.com/catalog/chemicals
Carbon Fiber Reinforced Plastic (CFRP) Product Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
- Thermoset CFRP
- Thermoplastic CFRP
Carbon Fiber Reinforced Plastic (CFRP) Application Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
- Aerospace & Defense
- Wind Turbines
- Molding & Compound
- Pressure Vessels
Carbon Fiber Reinforced Plastic (CFRP) Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Central & South America
Related Reports by Radiant Insights:
- GIS Market in the Telecommunication Industry –
- Independent Lubricant Manufacturers Market –
About Radiant Insights
Radiant Insights is a market research and consulting company offering syndicated research studies, customized reports, and consulting services. Our market research studies are designed to facilitate strategic decision making, on the basis of extensive and in-depth quantitative information, supported by extensive analysis and industry insights. Using a patented and robust research methodology, we publish exhaustive research reports covering a host of industries such as Technology, Chemicals, Materials, and Energy.Radiant Insights has a strong base of analysts, consultants and domain experts, with global experience helping us deliver excellence in all research projects we undertake.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Radiant Insights, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Source: Radiant Insights