GETTYSBURG, PA., Jan. 19, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- OPEN MINDS is pleased to announce that executives from Wellcare Health Plans, Inc,; Magellan Complete Care; and Centerstone of America will lead a team of cutting-edge faculty at the upcoming 2016 OPEN MINDS Performance Management Institute. The institute will be held February 11-12, 2016 at The Sheraton Sand Key Resort in Clearwater Beach, FL. The 2016 OPEN MINDS Performance Management Institute is a two-day event focused on the key market trends, strategic questions, and "best practice" management tools provider organizations need to survive and thrive in the new era of value-based care.
To lead the institute agenda, OPEN MINDS has assembled members of its expert consulting team and industry thought leaders who will help attendees understand the 'how to' of pay for performance – from pricing and contracting, to financial management, to staffing.
The institute will open with a keynote presentation, "The Strategic Advantages & Challenges Of Mergers & Acquisitions," delivered by David C. Guth, Jr., Chief Executive Officer, Centerstone of America. In his keynote address, Mr. Guth will discuss the challenges of making mergers and acquisitions work – selecting the right organizations, the M &A process, developing governance and management structures for a newly-merged organization, and the challenges of managing a bigger and more diverse organization.
Kerry McDonald, Chief Executive Officer, Magellan Complete Care of Florida, will close the first day of the institute with a town hall discussion, "Moving A Capitated System From Implementation To Operation." In this thought-provoking session, Mr. McDonald will discuss the challenges and opportunities for specialty organizations in the transition to a capitated integrated care management system.
Carole A. Matyas, M.S.W., Vice President, Behavioral Health Operations, Wellcare Health Plans, Inc., will deliver the keynote presentation, "The Health Plan Perspective On Improving Performance & The Future Of Value-Based Contracting," to open the second day of the institute. In her keynote address, Ms. Matyas will lead a discussion of what payers need and expect in terms of performance of provider organizations in general – and with integration models in particular – and the challenges of working with provider organizations to develop new partnerships.
In addition, the institute will be led by a prestigious team of faculty, including:
- Ken Carr, Chief Financial Officer, The Centers, Inc. & Advisory Board Member, OPEN MINDS
- Carol Clayton, Ph.D., Chief Executive Officer, Care Management Technologies
- Brandon Danz, Senior Associate, OPEN MINDS
- Don Fowls, M.D., President, Don Fowls & Associates
- James G. Gaynor, II, President & CEO, Grafton Integrated Health Network
- Brian Hancock, Esq., Chief Operating Officer, Robins' Nest, Inc.
- Ravi Ganesan, President & CEO, Core Solutions, Inc.
- Mina Harkins, MBA, PCMH CCE, Assistant Vice President, Recognition Programs Policy and Resources, National Committee for Quality Assurance
- Sharon Hicks, Senior Associate, OPEN MINDS
- Michael W. Johnson, M.A., C.A.P., Managing Director of Behavioral Health, CARF International
- Jennifer Kemp-Cornelius, R.Ph., Pharm.D., Consultant, G.L.O. & Associates
- Peggy Lavin, LCSW, Senior Associate Director, Behavioral Health Care Program, The Joint Commission
- Maurice Lelii, LMHC, NCC, Director, Outpatient Services, Gracepoint
- Carrie Nelson, M.D., Senior Medical Director, Advocate Physician Partners
- George L. Oestreich, Pharm.D., MPA, Healthcare Consultant, G.L.O. & Associates
- Joseph P. Naughton-Travers, Ed.M., Senior Associate, OPEN MINDS
- Monica E. Oss, Chief Executive Officer, OPEN MINDS
- Jeff Richardson, M.B.A, LCSW-C, Executive Director, Mosaic Community Services
- James Stewart, Institute Chair, OPEN MINDS Performance Management Institute & Chief Administrative Officer, Grafton Integrated Health Network
- Dee Werline, Vice President, Administration, Bluegrass Regional MH/MR Board, Inc.
- Melanie E. Wilson, Ph.D., President, ProEventa, a division of Grafton
"In today's health care landscape, financing and reimbursement policies are increasingly tying compensation to quality and performance," explains Monica Oss, Chief Executive Officer, OPEN MINDS. "This fundamental change in reimbursement is more than just a change in strategy, it requires a change in how organizations operate – their financial management systems, their performance metrics, and their talent management strategy. That's why our 2016 program is designed to provide attendees with a roadmap to success with pay-for-value."
More information on The 2016 OPEN MINDS Performance Management Institute, including faculty biographies, a complete institute agenda, and information about sponsors, exhibitors and attending organizations can be found online at: https://performance.openminds.com/. For members of the media interested in a press pass, please contact Angela McDonald, Marketing Manager, OPEN MINDS, at email@example.com.
Online registration for the 2016 OPEN MINDS Performance Management Institute is now available to executives of health and human service organizations at https://performance.openminds.com/register/.
OPEN MINDS is a national market intelligence firm specializing in the sectors of the health and human service industry serving individuals with complex support needs: mental health; addiction treatment; children and family services; intellectual and developmental disabilities; chronic disease management; long term care; social services; correctional health care, reentry and diversion; and juvenile justice.
Founded in 1987 and based in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, the 75+ associates believe by providing the latest market intelligence and management best practices to organizations serving the health and social support needs of the most vulnerable consumers, those organizations will be better able to provide efficient and effective services. Learn more at www.openminds.com.
For additional questions and inquiries, please contact Tim Snyder, Vice President, Marketing, OPEN MINDS at 717-334-1329 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
CONTACT: Tim Snyder VP, Marketing 717-334-1329 email@example.com
Source: Open Minds