NEW YORK, Jan. 25, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- AlixPartners, the global business advisory firm, today announced that industry veteran George Geh has joined as a Managing Director in the firm's Shanghai office, effective January 4, 2016.
George Geh has over 30 years of professional experience in engineering, product development, and manufacturing, across a variety of industry sectors. He also has extensive management consulting experience advising clients on their business strategy, operations, and organizational issues to drive financial performance improvement.
Most recently, he worked at a private equity fund as managing partner, leading investment initiatives in growth stage companies in mainland China and providing strategic advice to portfolio companies on business growth and operations improvement.
Commenting on the new appointment, Simon Freakley, Chief Executive Officer of AlixPartners, said, "George brings to the firm a strong mix of operational and corporate strategy expertise, developed over three decades of working in China, the US, and Europe. His global experience and local relationships are valued by industry leaders, helping them solve their most critical growth challenges. We are delighted to welcome George to AlixPartners."
Notes to editors:
Industry and Consulting experience:
- Joined AlixPartners, 2016, Managing Director; China
- Co-founded RichWise Capital Management, 2008-2015, Managing Partner; China
- Alstom Group, 2005-2008, Vice President Worldwide Strategy and Member of the Management Committee of Alstom Power; Switzerland
- McKinsey & Company, 1998-2005, Associate Principle; China & USA
- National Roll Company, 1991-1998, Product Manager; USA
- Shanghai Heavy Machinery Works, 1982-1988; China
- Bachelor of Science, Materials Engineering, Shanghai Jiao Tong University
- Master of Science, Materials Science, Pennsylvania State University
- MBA, Carnegie Mellon University
AlixPartners is a leading global business-advisory firm of results-oriented professionals who specialize in creating value and restoring performance at every stage of the business lifecycle. We thrive on our ability to make a difference in high-impact situations and deliver sustainable, bottom-line results. The firm's expertise covers a wide range of businesses and industries whether they are healthy, challenged or distressed. Since 1981, we have taken a unique, small-team action-oriented approach to helping corporate boards and management, law firms, investment banks and investors respond to critical business issues. For more information, visit www.alixpartners.com.