KYOTO, Japan, Jan. 26, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Nidec Corporation (NYSE:NJ) (the ”Company”) today announces the status of the Company’s share repurchases under its repurchase plan in accordance with the Articles of Incorporation pursuant to Article 459, Paragraph 1, Item 1 of the Company Law of Japan.
The Company’s share repurchase plan authorized by the Board of Directors on January 22, 2015 has been concluded as of January 26, 2016. Neither the number nor yen amount of the shares repurchased reached the upper limit of this repurchase plan resolved by the Board of Directors, reflecting the stock market trend during the repurchase period.
Details of Share Repurchase
1. Period of share repurchase: From January 1, 2016 through January 26, 2016
2. Class of shares: Common stock
3. Number of shares repurchased: 1,530,000 shares
4. Total repurchase amount: 12,013,495,500 yen
A) Details of the share repurchase plan authorized by the Board of Directors on January 22, 2015
- Class of shares: Common stock
- Total number of shares that may be repurchased: Up to 4,000,000 shares
(1.42% of total number of shares issued, excluding treasury stock)
- Total repurchase amount: Up to 24 billion yen
- Period of repurchase: From January 27, 2015 through January 26, 2016
B) Total number and yen amount of shares repurchased from January 27, 2015 through January 26, 2016, pursuant to the authorization of the Board of Directors described above:
- Total number of shares repurchased: 1,789,800 shares
- Total repurchase amount: 14,149,658,100 yen