LOS ANGELES and NEW YORK, Jan. 27, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- American Airlines has come together with four unique brands to provide customers a new, elevated travel experience. Cole Haan, 3LAB Skincare, C.O. Bigelow Apothecaries and Clark’s Botanicals are working together to deliver this year’s newest amenity kits for the world’s largest airline. These essential amenity kits will arrive in-flight March of 2016. This is the first time American Airlines has partnered with a fashion and lifestyle brand to design and create an amenity kit, with each of the skincare products differentiated by cabin and class of service.
Photos accompanying this announcement are available at
“We’re investing billions of dollars to customize and elevate the travel experience for all of our customers, and we know our premium flyers are looking for a refined and modern experience when it comes to airline service, right down to the amenity kits for long flights,” said Fernand Fernandez, American’s vice president - Global Marketing. “We want to set ourselves apart from the competition, so this year we teamed up with four amazing American brands to offer a variety of amenity kits for each premium cabin in a bag they’ll want to reuse.”
“American Airlines flyers represent some of the most progressive business people in the world. Cole Haan is one of the most progressive and innovative brands. We could not be more honored to join this partnership of great American brands,” said David Maddocks, Chief Marketing Officer and General Manager of Business Development at Cole Haan.
All kits will feature a custom bag designed by Cole Haan, inspired by their pinnacle design and innovation collection, ZerøGrand. Included in all kits are discount codes providing 20 percent off of the skincare brand in the kit and $75 towards a future Cole Haan purchase. Each kit includes a toothbrush, toothpaste, eyeshade, socks, and ear plugs. Other amenities vary by kit, including:
- International First Class – Cole Haan/3LAB
- Featuring perforated detail and available in six different colors, this kit’s bag is inspired by Cole Haan’s design and innovation collection, ZerØGrand.
- 3LAB Skincare products (M Cream, Perfect Hand Cream, and Perfect Lips (Balm), tissues, hand sanitizer, mouthwash, pen and foam headphone covers.
- International Business Class – Cole Haan/C.O. Bigelow
- This Dopp Kit design is versatile and is available in eight different color combinations.
- C.O. Bigelow Apothecaries products (lip balm, Lime & Coriander body lotion and mouthwash), tissues, pen and foam headphone covers.
- Domestic Transcon First Class – Cole Haan/Clark’s Botanicals
- This kit’s bag resembles an envelope with its folds and stamped exterior and is available in six different colors.
- Clark’s Botanicals skincare products (Smoothing Marine Cream, Ultra Rich Lip Balm, as well as Moisturizing Hand Cream and Refreshing Hand Wipe, both created exclusively for the American Airlines kit), toothbrush, toothpaste, eyeshade, socks and ear plugs.
The amenity kits will be distributed in four rotations of various colors, ending in March 2017. The first rotation of colors will last four and a half months beginning with the gray, blue and red kits.
American partnered with in-flight experience specialists Buzz to create these new amenity kits. American is improving the customer experience with more than $2 billion in planned improvements to provide customers a superior travel experience around the world. To date, the airline is investing in fully lie-flat seats; international Wi-Fi; more in-flight entertainment options and power outlets; a new, modern design for Admirals Club lounges worldwide; and an upgraded assortment of complimentary healthy food, cocktails and more.
About American Airlines Group
American Airlines and American Eagle offer an average of nearly 6,700 flights per day to nearly 350 destinations in more than 50 countries. American has hubs in Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas/Fort Worth, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, Philadelphia, Phoenix, and Washington, D.C. American is a founding member of the oneworld alliance, whose members and members-elect serve nearly 1,000 destinations with 14,250 daily flights to 150 countries. Shares of American Airlines Group Inc. trade on Nasdaq under the ticker symbol AAL. In 2015, its stock joined the S&P 500 index. Connect with American on Twitter @AmericanAir and at Facebook.com/AmericanAirlines.
About Cole Haan
Cole Haan LLC, with its Global Headquarters in Greenland, New Hampshire and Creative Center in New York City, is an iconic American lifestyle accessories brand and retailer of premium men’s, women’s and children’s footwear, handbags, leather accessories, outerwear and eyewear. Cole Haan stands for its commitment to craftsmanship, timeless style and design innovation. For more information, visit ColeHaan.com and follow @ColeHaan.
Corporate Communications 817-967-1577 email@example.com
Source:American Airlines Group, Inc.