IRVINE, Calif., Jan. 28, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Fewer than five percent of attorneys receive the Super Lawyers recognition, and this year in Southern California, all six Berger Kahn shareholders and two of its long tenured attorneys have been selected to the Southern California Super Lawyers list, a rating service of outstanding lawyers who have attained a high-degree of peer recognition and professional achievement.
“We have a phenomenal group of attorneys at Berger Kahn and I am very proud to see all six shareholders – who have all practiced together at Berger Kahn for over 25 years – named to the Southern California Super Lawyers list,” says Craig Simon, Managing Shareholder of Berger Kahn. “To have so many of us selected to the various "Top lists" is a tremendous honor,” Simon added.
Highlights of the 2016 recognition include:
- While named to the list of Super Lawyers for many years, shareholder David Ezra was selected to Super Lawyers “Top 100” list for the fourth consecutive year.
- Enjoying a seventh consecutive year on the Super Lawyers “Top 50 Orange County” list are Managing Shareholder Craig Simon and shareholder David Ezra.
- Shareholders Sherman Spitz and Lance LaBelle are selected to the “Top 50 Orange County” Super Lawyers list for their fourth consecutive year.
- Shareholder Teresa Ponder is named to the Super Lawyers list for her fifth consecutive year, and shareholder Stephan Cohn is named to the Super Lawyers list for his fourth consecutive year.
- Attorneys Dale Amato and Steven Gentry are recognized to the list of Super Lawyers for the third year.
ABOUT BERGER KAHN: Berger Kahn is a California-based law firm with practice areas including insurance coverage and litigation, business litigation, labor and employment, serious personal injury and wrongful death, and subrogation. The firm has offices in Orange County, Los Angeles, San Diego, and the San Francisco Bay Area.
ABOUT SUPER LAWYERS: A publication of Thomson Reuters, Super Lawyers is a rating service of outstanding lawyers who have attained a high-degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. The selection process is multi-phased and includes independent research, peer nominations and peer evaluations.
Media Contact: Jess Block Nerren, Jblock@bergerkahn.com, 909-706-8525
Source: Berger Kahn