FT. LAUDERDALE, Fla., Feb. 1, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The Women's Choice Award®, America's trusted referral source for the best in healthcare, has just announced its 2016 America's Best Hospitals for Heart Care. This evidence-based designation is the only heart care award that identifies the country's best healthcare institutions based on robust criteria that consider female patient satisfaction and clinical excellence. February is American Heart Month and it's more important than ever to raise awareness, especially since one in every three women dies from heart disease and stroke in the United States, according to the American Heart Association.
The list of 353 award recipients represents hospitals that not only performed well clinically with regard to heart care measures, but also had a high recommendation rate, which women have identified as a very important indicator when selecting a hospital.
The 2016 America's Best Hospitals for Heart Care list is determined by first identifying hospitals across the nation, that offer a minimum number of cardiac and/or vascular services. Only hospitals that perform well clinically with regard to heart care measures reported to Medicare, and also have a high Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (HCAHPS) recommendation score, are selected. All data used to determine the award recipients is completely objective and evidence-based.
"Considering that heart disease is the number one killer of women across the country, helping her find the best in cardiac care is how we empower women to make the best healthcare choices for themselves and for their family," says Delia Passi, CEO and Founder of the Women's Choice Award.
The following hospitals have partnered with the Women's Choice Award in empowering women to make the best healthcare choices for themselves and their family:
- Baptist Heart Hospital at Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville, Jacksonville, FL
- Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville, Jacksonville, FL
- Baptist Medical Center South, Jacksonville, FL
- Bethesda Hospital East & Bethesda Hospital West, Boynton Beach, FL
- CarolinaEast Medical Center, New Bern, NC
- Citizens Medical Center, Victoria, TX
- Comanche County Memorial Hospital, Lawton, OK
- Fairview Southdale Hospital, Edina, MN
- Firelands Regional Medical Center, Sandusky, OH
- Hoffman Heart and Vascular Institute of Connecticut at Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center, Hartford, CT
- Jeffrey M. Carlton Heart & Vascular Institute at Hoag, Newport Beach, CA
- INTEGRIS Heart Hospital at INTEGRIS Baptist Medical Center, Oklahoma City, OK
- Mercy Hospital Northwest Arkansas, Rogers, AR
- Norman Regional Health System, Norman, OK
- North Shore University Hospital, member of Northwell Health, Manhasset, NY
- Orlando Health Heart Institute, Orlando, FL
- Parkview Medical Center, Pueblo, CO
- San Antonio Regional Hospital, Upland, CA
- Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital, Santa Rosa, CA
- St. Elizabeth Healthcare, Edgewood, KY
- St. Joseph's Hospital Health Center, Syracuse, NY
- St. Luke's Hospital, Chesterfield, MO
- St. Peter's Hospital, Albany, NY
- St. Tammany Parish Hospital, Covington, LA
- Stamford Hospital, Stamford, CT
- The Valley Hospital, Ridgewood, NJ
- UC Davis Cardiovascular Services, Sacramento, CA
- Winthrop-University Hospital, Mineola, NY
"We have known for almost twenty years that the experience of heart disease is significantly different for men and women. Ignorance of the signs, symptoms and optimal treatment of women with heart disease leads to missed diagnoses and even unnecessary deaths," says Marianne J. Legato, M.D., F.A.C.P. Emerita Professor of Clinical Medicine, Columbia University and Adjunct Professor of Medicine, Johns Hopkins.
To view a full list of the 2016 America's Best Hospitals for Heart Care visit http://www.womenschoiceaward.com/awarded/best-hospitals/heart-care/
ABOUT THE WOMEN'S CHOICE AWARD®
The Women's Choice Award® is a trusted referral source, empowering women to make smart healthcare choices by identifying the country's best healthcare institutions based on robust criteria that consider female patient satisfaction and clinical excellence. The Women's Choice Award was recently honored as #1088 on the INC 5000 List of America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies in 2015, as well as selected from more than 500 nominees for Florida Companies to Watch in 2015, a statewide program managed by GrowFL which celebrates the Florida's top second stage companies. Visit www.womenschoiceaward.com to learn more.
The information contained in this release is not permitted to be used in a non-press related context without the express prior written consent of the Women's Choice Award.
CONTACT: Madelyn Martinez | WomenCertified Inc. Administrative Marketing Manager T: (954) 922-0846 email@example.com
Source: Women's Choice Award