San Francisco, Feb. 02, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Inulin Market By Application (Food & Beverage, Dietary Supplements, Pharmaceuticals) Is Expected To Reach USD 2.35 Billion By 2020.
Global Inulin Market is expected to reach USD 2.35 billion by 2020. Gaining popularity of prebiotic ingredients on account of rising awareness towards low fat and calorie reduction is expected to fuel inulin market demand over the next six years. U.S. FDA recognized inulin as generally recognized as safe (GRAS) product, which is expected to have a positive impact on market over the next six years.
Food & beverage was the largest application, accounting for over 65% of market volume in 2013. Inulin is being increasingly used in dairy product formulation such as cheese, spoonable yogurts and butter. Dairy industry growth is expected to act as a major driver for inulin market over the forecast period.
Browse Full Research Report With TOC On "Inulin Market Analysis By Application (Food & Beverage, Dietary Supplements, Pharmaceuticals) And Segment Forecasts To 2020" at: http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/inulin-market-analysis-by-application-food-amp-beverage-dietary-supplements-pharmaceuticals-and-segment-forecasts-to-2020
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Global inulin market demand was 246.5 kilo tons in 2013 and is expected to exceed 400 kilo tons by 2020, growing at a CAGR of over 9.0% from 2014 to 2020.
- Use of inulin in dietary supplements is expected to witness substantial growth over the forecast period. Growing infant formula market demand in China and India coupled with announcement of capacity expansion by baby food manufacturers such as Danone and Nestle is expected to positively impact market over the next six years.
- Europe was the largest inulin market, accounting for over 50% of global volume in 2013. Regulatory scenario aimed at supporting fortification of food with prebiotic ingredients is expected to fuel inulin demand in the region. Growing demand for substitute prebiotics and development of synbiotics are expected to remain key restraining factors for the market.
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to witness high at an estimated CAGR of over 10% from 2014 to 2020 in terms of revenue owing to positive dairy industry outlook in India, China, Australia and New Zealand. Gaining popularity of functional foods such as infant formula in China, Japan and India is expected to fuel inulin demand over the forecast period.
- Global inulin market is highly competitive owing to presence of limited companies. Major market players include Jarrow Formulas, Beneo-Orafti, Sensus and Cosucra. Increasing availability of chicory roots in Belgium, France and Spain has forced inulin manufacturers to establish their facilities in the vicinity. New product development and establishment of strategic partnerships between manufacturers and buyers are expected to remain critical success factors for inulin market over the forecast period.
Browse All Reports of This Category at: www.radiantinsights.com/catalog/food
Global Inulin Application Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
- Food & Beverage
- Dietary Supplements
Global Inulin Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific
Related Reports by Radiant Insights:
- Peripheral I.V. Catheter Market –
- Therapeutic Vaccines Market –
About Radiant Insights
Radiant Insights is a market research and consulting company offering syndicated research studies, customized reports, and consulting services. Our market research studies are designed to facilitate strategic decision making, on the basis of extensive and in-depth quantitative information, supported by extensive analysis and industry insights. Using a patented and robust research methodology, we publish exhaustive research reports covering a host of industries such as Technology, Chemicals, Materials, and Energy.Radiant Insights has a strong base of analysts, consultants and domain experts, with global experience helping us deliver excellence in all research projects we undertake.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Radiant Insights, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Source: Radiant Insights