BURLINGTON, Mass., Feb. 03, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Avid® (Nasdaq: AVID) today congratulated its customers in the professional video editing community for their outstanding achievements at the 2016 American Cinema Editors (ACE) Eddie Awards held on January 29 in Los Angeles. An overwhelming number of award winners and nominees embraced Avid EverywhereTM, using the industry’s most proven and trusted video editing software Avid Media Composer®.
Avid customer and editor Margaret Sixel won an Eddie award for Best Edited Feature Film (Dramatic) for Mad Max: Fury Road. “I’m thrilled to have been honored by the American Cinema Editors, and I’m so very proud to have won for Fury Road, an enduring place in the annals of ACE history,” she said. “As Nux the War Boy says in Fury Road, ‘We live, we die! We live again!’’
“We’re honored that the world’s most esteemed editors have embraced Avid Everywhere and continue to trust in the industry’s preeminent editing solution to bring the most compelling stories to our screens,” said Avid Chairman, President and CEO Louis Hernandez Jr. “We congratulate our customers on their impressive achievements, and are honored that our tools helped to empower their remarkable creativity that the ACE membership recognized.”
Eddie Award nominees relied on Media Composer to create:
- Best Edited Feature Film (Dramatic):
- Mad Max: Fury Road (Margaret Sixel) - WINNER
- The Martian (Pietro Scalia, ACE)
- The Revenant (Stephen Mirrione, ACE)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Maryann Brandon, ACE & Mary Jo Markey, ACE)
- Best Edited Feature Film (Comedy or Musical):
- Ant-Man (Dan Lebental, ACE & Colby Parker, Jr., ACE)
- Joy (Jay Cassidy, ACE, Alan Baumgarten, ACE, Christopher Tellefsen, ACE & Tom Cross, ACE)
- Best Edited One-Hour Series For Commercial Television:
- Better Call Saul: "Five-O" (Kelley Dixon, ACE)
- Better Call Saul: “Uno” (Skip Macdonald, ACE)
- Best Edited One-Hour Series For Non-Commercial Television
- Game of Thrones: “The Dance of Dragons” (Katie Weiland)
- Game of Thrones: “Hardhome” (Tim Porter)
Through Avid Everywhere™, Avid delivers the industry's most open, innovative and comprehensive media platform connecting content creation with collaboration, asset protection, distribution and consumption. Media organizations and creative professionals use Avid solutions to create the most listened to, most watched and most loved media in the world—from the most prestigious and award-winning feature films, to the most popular television shows, news programs and televised sporting events, as well as a majority of today’s most celebrated music recordings and live concerts. Industry leading solutions include Pro Tools®, Media Composer®, ISIS®, Interplay®, ProSet and RealSet, Maestro, PlayMaker, and Sibelius®. For more information about Avid solutions and services, visit www.avid.com, connect with Avid on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, or subscribe to Avid Blogs.
© 2016 Avid Technology, Inc. All rights reserved. Avid, the Avid logo, Avid Everywhere, iNEWS, Interplay, ISIS, AirSpeed, Media Composer, Pro Tools, and Sibelius are trademarks or registered trademarks of Avid Technology, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries. The Interplay name is used with the permission of the Interplay Entertainment Corp. which bears no responsibility for Avid products. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Product features, specifications, system requirements and availability are subject to change without notice.
PR Contacts: Sara Griggs Avid email@example.com 310-821-0801
Source:Avid Technology, Inc.