HAMILTON, Bermuda, Feb. 3, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- DHT Holdings, Inc. (NYSE:DHT) ("DHT" or the "Company") today announced:
Financial and operational highlights:
|USD mill. (except per share)||Q4 2015||Q3 2015||Q2 2015||Q1 2015||Q4 2014||2015||2014|
|EPS - basic||0.352||0.30||0.24||0.25||0.31||1.132||0.18|
|EPS - diluted8||0.312||0.27||0.22||0.23||0.31||1.042||0.18|
|Interest bearing debt||662.5||621.9||628.2||654.4||661.3||662.5||661.3|
|Unscheduled off hire7||0.17%||0.18%||0.31%||0.13%||0.15%||0.20%||0.55%|
|Scheduled off hire7||1.50%||0%||0.40%||0%||0%||0.50%||2.4%|
Highlights of the quarter:
- EBITDA for the quarter of $59.6 million. Net income for the quarter of $32.4 million ($0.35 per basic share). Net income includes a loss of $0.8 million related to the sale of the DHT Trader.
- The Company's VLCCs operating in the spot market achieved time charter equivalent earnings of $62,200 per day in the fourth quarter of 2015. The Company achieved $58,700 per day for its spot VLCC fleet for the full year 2015 excluding profit sharing under time charter.
- In accordance with the dividend policy announced on July 22, 2015 the Company will pay a dividend of $0.21 per common share for the quarter payable on February 24, 2016 for shareholders of record as of February 16, 2016.
- During the quarter the Company extended at higher rates the time-charters for three of its VLCCs to oil majors. The vessels Samco Europe, Samco Taiga and Samco Redwood have been extended for one, two and two years respectively, at a daily rate of $53,200, $45,000 and $47,300 respectively. In January 2016, the Company entered into a one year time charter for the 1999 built VLCC DHT Phoenix at a rate of $45,000 per day commencing in early March 2016. These extensions and new contract secure 2,165 days of time-charter equivalent earnings at a combined value of about $101 million.
- On November 23, 2015 and January 4, 2016 the Company took delivery of the first two of its six VLCC newbuildings from Hyundai Heavy Industries (HHI). The vessels are named DHT Jaguar and DHT Leopard and are trading in the spot market. The remaining four newbuildings will be delivered from March to October 2016. The newbuildings are all fully funded and are expected to contribute significantly to the company's earnings power.
- In December 2015 the Company sold the DHT Trader, a 2000 built Suezmax for $26.5 million. The entire net proceeds were applied to repay debt under the RBS facility and is in support of the company's announced capital allocation policy. The company booked a loss of $0.8 million in the quarter in connection with the sale. The sale is in support of the company's fleet renewal and occurred in a period during which the company took delivery of two VLCC newbuildings.
- As of December 31, 2015, the Company's cash balance was $166.8 million. The cash balance includes $50 million relating to the financing for DHT Leopard which was drawn on the Nordea/DNB credit facility on December 29, 2015 in advance of the delivery of the DHT Leopard on January 4, 2016.
- As part of the Company's capital allocation policy announced on July 22, 2015, the Company prepaid $26.8 million of bank debt in October 2015. The $26.8 million consists of $22.9 million remaining outstanding under the DHT Eagle credit facility that had final maturity in May 2016 as well as $3.9 million under the RBS credit facility.
- After the end of Q4 2015, the company prepaid the credit facility for DHT Hawk and DHT Falcon in its entirety, $42.0 million, as well as a $4.9 million prepayment on the RBS credit facility. In connection with these prepayments the Company will record a non-cash finance expense of $0.9 million in the first quarter of 2016 related to unamortized upfront fees.
- On February 2, 2016, the Company repurchased $3.0 million of its convertible senior notes due 2019 in the open market at a price of 99% of par.
- DHT's board of directors has approved the repurchase of up to $50 million of DHT securities. DHT's board of directors and management team believe that DHT' securities - its common stock and convertible senior notes - currently represent an attractive investment opportunity, and repurchasing such securities will likely constitute a part of the company's capital allocation strategy during 2016. The repurchase program authorizes DHT to purchase its securities through open market purchases, negotiated transactions or other means in accordance with applicable securities laws. The repurchase program has been authorized through February 2017 and may be suspended or discontinued at any time. Any shares of DHT common stock acquired by DHT will be available for reissuance. DHT had approximately 93.2 million shares of common stock outstanding as of February 2, 2016. DHT intends to fund its capital allocation policy (including any repurchase of securities) with future cash flow.
- The Company has revised the capital allocation policy announced on July 22, 2015 as follows: DHT intends to return at least 60% of its ordinary net income (adjusted for extraordinary items) to shareholders as quarterly cash dividends. Further, DHT intends to allocate surplus cash flow, after paying such quarterly cash dividends, to delever its balance sheet, to repurchase its own securities, or for general corporate purposes. The extent and allocation will depend on market conditions and other corporate considerations. DHT will apply its updated capital allocation policy starting with the first quarter of 2016.
- DHT has a fleet of 20 VLCCs (including four VLCCs under construction at HHI to be delivered fairly evenly spread between March and October 2016), one Suezmax and two Aframaxes as well as a 50% ownership in Goodwood Ship Management. Of the 19 vessels in operation, six of the VLCCs, the Suezmax and the two Aframaxes are on fixed rate time charters and 10 VLCCs have spot market exposure. For more details on the fleet, please refer to our web site: http://dhtankers.com/index.php?name=About_DHT%2FFleet.html.
The full report can be found on the link below.
EARNINGS CONFERENCE CALL AND WEBCAST INFORMATION
DHT will host a conference call and webcast which will include a slide presentation at 8:00 a.m. EST on Thursday February 4, 2016 to discuss the results for the quarter. All shareholders and other interested parties are invited to join the conference call, which may be accessed by calling 1 646 254 3388 within the United States, 23162729 within Norway and +44 20 3140 8286 for international callers. The passcode is "DHT". The webcast of the conference call including a slide presentation will be available in the Investor Relations section on DHT's website at http://www.dhtankers.com.
An audio replay of the conference call will be available through February 10, 2016. To access the replay, dial 1 347 366 9565 within the United States, 21000498 within Norway or +44 20 3427 0598 for international callers and enter 1738140# as the pass code.
About DHT Holdings, Inc.
DHT is an independent crude oil tanker company. Our fleet trades internationally and consists of crude oil tankers in the VLCC, Suezmax and Aframax segments. We operate through our integrated management companies in Oslo, Norway and Singapore. You shall recognize us by our business approach with an experienced organization with focus on first rate operations and customer service, quality ships built at quality shipyards, prudent capital structure with robust cash break even levels to accommodate staying power through the business cycles, a combination of market exposure and fixed income contracts for our fleet and a transparent corporate structure maintaining a high level of integrity and good governance. For further information: www.dhtankers.com.
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains certain forward-looking statements and information relating to the Company that are based on beliefs of the Company's management as well as assumptions, expectations, projections, intentions and beliefs about future events, in particular regarding dividends (including our dividend plans, timing and the amount and growth of any dividends), daily charter rates, vessel utilization, the future number of newbuilding deliveries, oil prices and seasonal fluctuations in vessel supply and demand. When used in this document, words such as "believe," "intend," "anticipate," "estimate," "project," "forecast," "plan," "potential," "will," "may," "should" and "expect" and similar expressions are intended to identify forward-looking statements but are not the exclusive means of identifying such statements. These statements reflect the Company's current views with respect to future events and are based on assumptions and subject to risks and uncertainties. Given these uncertainties, you should not place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements represent the Company's estimates and assumptions only as of the date of this press release and are not intended to give any assurance as to future results. For a detailed discussion of the risk factors that might cause future results to differ, please refer to the Company's Annual Report on Form 20-F, filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on March 19, 2015.
The Company undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements contained in this press release, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as required by law. In light of these risks, uncertainties and assumptions, the forward-looking events discussed in this press release might not occur, and the Company's actual results could differ materially from those anticipated in these forward-looking statements.
Eirik Ubøe, CFO
Phone: +1 441 299 4912 and +47 412 92 712
1 Net of voyage expenses.
2 Q4 2015 and 2015 includes a loss of $0.8 million related to the sale of the DHT Trader .
 Includes reversal of prior impairment charges totaling $31.9 million.
 The cash balance as of December 31, 2015 includes $50 million relating to the financing for DHT Leopard which was drawn on December 29, 2015 in advance of the delivery of the DHT Leopard on January 4, 2016.
 Per common share.
 Q4 2015 and 2015 include five newbuildings totaling 1,499,500 dwt to be delivered in 2016. 2014 and Q4 2014 - Q3 2015 include six newbuildings totaling 1,799,400 dwt to be delivered in 2015/2016.
 As % of total operating days in period.
8 Diluted shares include the dilutive effect of the convertible senior notes and restricted shares granted to management and members of the board of directors.
DHT Q4 2015 Financial Report http://hugin.info/150897/R/1983464/726909.pdf
Source:DHT Holdings, Inc.