San Francisco, Feb. 04, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Global Chemical Tanker Shipping Market is expected to reach USD 2.23 trillion by 2020. Growth of global GDP on account of rapid industrialization in Asia Pacific and Latin America is expected to drive global chemical tanker shipping market. Shale gas boom particularly in the U.S., Canada and China is also expected to have a positive influence on the market growth. Rapid development of shale gas is expected to raise production level of organic chemicals which in turn is expected to fuel global chemical tanker shipping market. Large number of upcoming refinery and petrochemical integration projects particularly in the Middle East is expected to drive the future market.
Organic chemicals were the largest product segment shipped and accounted for 49.6% of total market volume in 2013. Increasing shale gas production in North America and China is expected to drive global organic chemical shipping market. Organic chemicals are also expected to witness the fastest growth of 4.6% from 2014 to 2020.
Browse Full Research Report With TOC On "Chemical Tanker Shipping Market Analysis By Product (Organic, Inorganic, Vegetable/Animal Oils), By Cargo Size (Inland, Coastal, Deep Sea), By Cargo Type (IMO I, IMO II, IMO III) And Segment Forecasts To 2020" at: http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/chemical-tanker-shipping-market-analysis-by-product-organic-inorganic-vegetable-animal-oils-by-cargo-size-inland-coastal-deep-sea-by-cargo-type-imo-i-imo-ii-imo-iii-and-segment-forecasts-to-2020
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Global chemical tanker shipments were 200.10 million tons in 2013 and are expected to reach 268.42 million tons by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 4.3% from 2014 to 2020.
- Deep sea tankers accounted for 52% of total chemicals shipped in 2013 in terms of tanker size. It is also expected to witness the highest growth rate of 4.4% from 2014 to 2020. Relatively lower fleet costs coupled with capacity to carry large amount of chemicals is expected to fuel its market over the forecast period.
- IMO II emerged as the largest type of cargo used for chemical shipments and accounted for 50.4% of total market volume in 2013. Growing vegetable and animal oil/fats production particularly in Asia Pacific is expected to remain a key driving factor for this segment. IMO III is expected to witness the highest growth rate of 4.5% from 2014 to 2020.
- Asia Pacific was the largest regional market and accounted for 38.1% of total market volume in 2013. Expansion of refinery & petrochemical capacity in China and India coupled with increasing production of vegetable oils in South East Asia is expected to drive the regional market over the next six years.
- North America is expected to witness the highest growth rate of 4.7% from 2014 to 2020. Shale gas boom in the U.S. and Canada is expected to develop the regional market over the forecast period.
- Global chemical tanker shipping market is highly fragmented with a mix of both multinational corporations and regional companies. Some key companies operating in the global chemical tanker shipping market include Odfjell, Stolt Parcel Tankers, Navig8 Chemicals, United Product Tankers, Iino Kaiun Kaisha, Tokyo Marine, Nordic Tankers, National Chemical Carriers, Stena Bulk and Eitzen Chemical.
See More Reports of This Category by Radiant Insights: www.radiantinsights.com/catalog/chemicals
Global Chemical Tanker Shipping Product Outlook (Volume, Million Tons; Revenue, USD Billion, 2012 - 2020)
- Vegetable/Animal Oils & Fats
Global Chemical Tanker Shipping Cargo Size Outlook (Volume, Million Tons; Revenue, USD Billion, 2012 - 2020)
- Deep Sea
Global Chemical Tanker Shipping Cargo Type Outlook (Volume, Million Tons; Revenue, USD Billion, 2012 - 2020)
- IMO I
- IMO II
- IMO III
Global Chemical Tanker Shipping Regional Outlook (Volume, Million Tons; Revenue, USD Billion, 2012 - 2020)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East
Related Reports by Radiant Insights:
- Fleet Management System Market –
- Cloud System Management Software Market –
About Radiant Insights
Radiant Insights is a market research and consulting company offering syndicated research studies, customized reports, and consulting services. Our market research studies are designed to facilitate strategic decision making, on the basis of extensive and in-depth quantitative information, supported by extensive analysis and industry insights. Using a patented and robust research methodology, we publish exhaustive research reports covering a host of industries such as Technology, Chemicals, Materials, and Energy.Radiant Insights has a strong base of analysts, consultants and domain experts, with global experience helping us deliver excellence in all research projects we undertake.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Radiant Insights, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Source: Radiant Insights