TOKYO, Feb. 05, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- DeNA Co., Ltd. (Tokyo:2432) today announced its financial results for the quarter ended December 31, 2015. DeNA reported quarterly revenue of 33.8 billion yen and operating profit of 3.3 billion yen.
“We are pleased with our third quarter results where the total coin consumption in our game business surpassed our expectations, resulting in higher operating profit than our guidance,” said Isao Moriyasu, President and CEO of DeNA. “In addition to exciting new mobile games slated to launch in 2016, our curation platform business in Japan is in a strong strategic position to become a new business pillar over the medium term.“
Third Quarter FY2015 Highlights
- Coin consumption in Japan game business was 38.4 billion yen
- Total native app coin consumption in game business worldwide was 17.1 billion yen
Recent Developments and Strategic Initiatives
- Miitomo, the first title jointly developed and operated by DeNA and Nintendo, is scheduled to launch first in Japan in mid-March, followed by the U.S., Europe and other regions by the end of March
- DeNA is proactively launching premium IP titles with engaging live operations to stabilize medium- to long-term coin consumption
- In China, new titles were launched, and both coin consumption and bottom line are expected to improve in Q4. Multiple new titles are planned for launches in 1H FY2016
- In the West, DeNA is carefully managing the bottom line, while targeting to launch new titles in Q1 FY2016
- Curation platform business is well-positioned to become DeNA’s new business pillar over medium term, with further growth in ad revenue and additional forms of monetization planned
- As a result of a takeover bid, the DeNA subsidiary Yokohama DeNA Baystars now owns 76.87% of the shares of Yokohama Stadium
|Profit before tax||4.1||6.5||-37||%||7.5||-45||%|
|Profit for the period attributable to owners of the parent||1.6||3.3||-52||%||4.7||-66||%|
Guidance for Quarter Ending March 31, 2016
- Revenue: 35.0 billion yen
- Operating profit: 5.2 billion yen
- Profit for the period attributable to owners of the parent: 3.4 billion yen
- DeNA forecasts a year-end dividend payment of 20 yen per share, targeting a dividend payout ratio of 24.3 percent
Earnings presentation slides and related materials are available at:
DeNA (pronounced “D-N-A”) is a global Internet company that develops and operates a broad range of mobile and online services including games, e-commerce and other diversified offerings. Founded in 1999, DeNA is headquartered in Tokyo with offices and game development studios across the globe. DeNA Co., Ltd. is listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange (2432). For more information, visit: dena.com
The information and data contained within this press release have been determined based on information available as of February 5, 2016. DeNA disclaims any obligation to update or revise such information and data, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise. In addition, any forward-looking statements contained in this press release are based on our opinions and information available as of February 5, 2016, and involve uncertainty. Please be aware that the actual performance data and similar information are subject to influence from diverse factors, and may differ from the forecasts presented herein.
Source: DeNA Co., Ltd.