San Francisco, Feb. 08, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Global Malic Acid Market is expected to reach USD 0.20 billion by 2020. Increasing acidulant and artificial flavorant demand in food & beverage industries is expected to drive the global malic acid market over the forecast period. Increasing requirement for citric acid substitutes as natural flavorant coupled with increasing penetration in powdered fruit flavored beverages is also expected to have a positive influence on the market growth. Regulatory approval of malic acid for food processing from FDA, FSSAI and EFSA is further estimated to augment market growth over the next six years.
Beverages were the largest application segment and accounted for 52.6% of total market volume in 2013. Increasing fruit flavored beverages demand coupled with rising disposable income level particularly in BRIC nations is expected to drive this segment over the forecast period. Confectionery & food is poised to witness the highest growth on account of escalating acidity regulators and acidulants demand in bakeries. Rising consumption of confectionery products such as gum, fruit butters, jams, jellies, and hard candies is also expected to contribute to the market growth. Confectioneries & food application is poised to grow at an estimated CAGR of 4.6% over the next six years.
Browse Full Research Report With TOC On “Malic Acid Market Analysis By Application (Beverages, Confectionery & Food) And Segment Forecasts To 2020" at: http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/malic-acid-market-analysis-by-application-beverages-confectionery-amp-food-and-segment-forecasts-to-2020
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Global malic acid demand was 66.3 kilo tons in 2013 and is expected to reach 88.7 kilo tons by 2020, growing at an estimated CAGR of 4.3% from 2014 to 2020.
- Asia Pacific was the leading malic acid consumer and accounted for 43.7% of total market volume in 2013. Rapid industrialization coupled with positive outlook on food & beverage industry in India, China and Indonesia is expected to drive the regional malic acid demand. Asia Pacific is also expected to witness the highest growth of 5.3% from 2014 to 2020. China emerged as a major malic acid consumer owing to high demand from processed food preservation.
- Europe and North America were other significant regional malic acid market. High demand of powdered fruit flavored and low calorie beverages primarily in U.S., UK, Mexico, France and Italy may be attributed for market penetration. Stringent regulatory scenario may negatively impact malic acid market growth in these regions over the next few years. North American malic acid market is expected to exceed USD 50 million by 2020.
- Global malic acid market is moderately fragmented on account of large number of regional players. Major companies operating in the global market have been investing heavily on R&D and capacity expansion to cater the growing niche application segments. Key players in global malic acid market comprise Polynt, FUSO, Bartek, Thirumalai Chemicals, U.S. Chemicals LLC and Prinova LLC.
Browse All Reports of This Category at:
Global Malic Acid Application Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2007 - 2020)
- Confectionary & food
Global Malic Acid Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2007 - 2020)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Central & South America
Related Reports by Radiant Insights:
- Diaper Market –
- Semiconductor Spin Spray Processor Equipment Market –
About Radiant Insights
Radiant Insights is a market research and consulting company offering syndicated research studies, customized reports, and consulting services. Our market research studies are designed to facilitate strategic decision making, on the basis of extensive and in-depth quantitative information, supported by extensive analysis and industry insights. Using a patented and robust research methodology, we publish exhaustive research reports covering a host of industries such as Technology, Chemicals, Materials, and Energy.Radiant Insights has a strong base of analysts, consultants and domain experts, with global experience helping us deliver excellence in all research projects we undertake.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Radiant Insights, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Source: Radiant Insights