San Francisco, Feb. 08, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Global Thermoplastic Vulcanizates (TPV) Market is expected to reach USD 1.87 billion by 2020. Growing demand for lightweight, high performance materials from automotive industry is expected to drive the global thermoplastic vulcanizates market. Increasing government intervention for improving fuel efficiency has prompted the use high performance engineering plastics including TPV which has fueled its demand. Growth of consumer goods industry in BRIC nations is also expected to have a positive impact on the global market. Volatile price of key feedstock is expected to remain a key challenge for market participants over the forecast period.
Automotive was the largest application segment and accounted for 59.8% of total TPV consumption in 2013. Strong shift in trend towards replacing metals and heavy plastics with engineering plastics in order to reduce the overall weight of automobiles is expected to drive this segment over the forecast period. Medical is expected to witness the highest growth rate of 7.6% from 2014 to 2020. Growing awareness regarding the use of phthalate free medical devices and equipment is expected to drive TPV demand in medical industry.
Browse Full Research Report With TOC On “Thermoplastic Vulcanizates (TPV) Market Analysis By Application (Automotive, Fluid Handling, Consumer Goods, Medical) and Segment Forecasts to 2020" at: http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/thermoplastic-vulcanizates-tpv-market-analysis-by-application-automotive-fluid-handling-consumer-goods-medical-and-segment-forecasts-to-2020
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Global thermoplastic vulcanizates market demand was 297.9 kilo tons in 2013 and is expected to reach 470.8 kilo tons by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 6.8% from 2014 to 2020.
- North America dominated the global TPV market and accounted for 34.6% of global demand in 2013. The regional market is characterized by several favorable government initiatives including Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE) program which mandates an average mileage of approximately 29 miles per gallon which is expected to go up to 35.5 miles per gallon by 2016. Implementation of such initiatives has prompted automotive manufacturers to reduce overall weight of automobiles in order to achieve optimum fuel efficiency. This trend is expected to drive the regional TPV demand over the next six years.
- Asia Pacific is expected to witness the highest growth of 7.4% over the forecast period. Growth of key end-use industries including automotive and healthcare particularly in China and India is expected to drive the regional TPV market.
- Major companies operating in the global TPV market have been constantly involved in R&D and product development to cater specific end-use requirements. Key industry participants include The Dow Chemical Company, Exxon Mobil, Solvay Engineered Polymers, DuPont Performance Elastomers, Arkema Inc., Kraton Polymers and Dexco Polymers.
Browse All Reports of This Category at: www.radiantinsights.com/catalog/chemicals
Global Thermoplastic Vulcanizates (TPV) Application Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons, Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
- Fluid Handling
- Consumer Goods
Global Thermoplastic Vulcanizates (TPV) Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons, Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
Related Reports by Radiant Insights:
- Smart Thermostats Market –
- Application Delivery Controller Market –
About Radiant Insights
Radiant Insights is a market research and consulting company offering syndicated research studies, customized reports, and consulting services. Our market research studies are designed to facilitate strategic decision making, on the basis of extensive and in-depth quantitative information, supported by extensive analysis and industry insights. Using a patented and robust research methodology, we publish exhaustive research reports covering a host of industries such as Technology, Chemicals, Materials, and Energy.Radiant Insights has a strong base of analysts, consultants and domain experts, with global experience helping us deliver excellence in all research projects we undertake.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Radiant Insights, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Source: Radiant Insights