San Francisco, Feb. 10, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Global bioceramics market is expected to reach USD 19.05 billion by 2022, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Rising ageing population coupled with increasing occurrences of osteoarthritis is expected to augment market growth over the next seven years. Growing need to maintain a healthy lifestyle coupled with introduction of new low cost preventive care measures has led to the utilization of medical devices, which is expected to augment expansion of the industry.
Browse full research report for bioceramics market: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/bioceramics-market
Alumina dominated the global market, in terms of material, accounting for over 62% in 2014. Bioinertness, hardness and high abrasion resistance are some of its qualities, resulting in the extensive use of alumina implants for dental and joint applications. Growing demand for biocompatible materials to increase acceptance by the patients’ body as well as reduce the occurrence of infections post surgery is expected to augment demand for alumina over the forecast period.
Request for sample of this research report: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/bioceramics-market/request
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- Global bioceramics market demand was USD 12.31 billion in 2014 and is expected to reach USD 19.05 billion by 2022, growing at a CAGR of 6.2% from 2015 to 2022.
- Rising ageing population in developed economies has been a major factor for positive growth over the past few years and this trend is likely to continue in the near future. Increasing trend of early surgical intervention by doctors in case of joint replacements has resulted in growing demand for knee, shoulder and hip implants. This will result in increasing penetration of bioceramics in the orthopedic sector generating revenues worth USD 7.87 billion by 2022.
- Advancements in medical technology and demand for sophisticated medical services & devices are expected to augment demand for bioceramics over the forecast period. Changing food consumption patterns among younger population coupled with lack of nutrition in diet have contributed towards cavity formation and damaged tooth health. This has led to increasing demand for dental crowns, bridges, and bristles which has eventually contributed towards increasing penetration of bioceramics in dental care.
- Europe was the largest market and is expected to witness gains at a CAGR of 5.7% from 2015 to 2022. Positive outlook towards the orthopedic sector, mainly in Germany, is expected to drive market growth.
- Key industry players including CeramTec, Amedica Corporation, Zimmer Biomet Holdings, Inc, DOCERAM Medical Ceramics GmbH, Straumann, Nobel Biocare and CoorsTek Medical, LLC. These companies are investing heavily in research and development activities of bioceramics materials. Companies such as CIRTEC Medical Systems perform thermal shock testing of brazed and ceramic components which help in making robust designs. In addition, the company is also using x-ray and dye penetration technology to evaluate various ceramic components.
Browse more reports of this category by Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/specialty-glass-ceramic-and-fiber
Grand View Research has segmented the global bioceramics market on the basis of material, application and region:
Global Bioceramics Material Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2022)
Global Bioceramics Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2022)
Global Bioceramics Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2022)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
Related report by grand view research:
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Source:Grand View Research