MOUNT PLEASANT, SC, Feb. 10, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) --
Acclaimed journalist Nell Bernstein, author of “Burning Down the House” and “All Alone in the World,” will share her insights on closing our brutal and counterproductive juvenile prisons at the MST pre-conference, April 11, 2016, at the Blueprints for Healthy Youth Development event in Denver.
The Blueprints for Healthy Youth Development conference will be held from April 11-13 and is open to all those wanting to find ways to improve the lives of troubled young people. With increased attention on juvenile offenders and how best to handle their problems, this year’s conference is especially timely.
The pre-conference is for people interested in learning how to positively impact juvenile justice reform by implementing Multisystemic Therapy. In addition to Nell Bernstein, the following experts will be part of the April 11 pre-conference program:
- Michigan Judge Dorene S. Allen, a tireless champion of innovative programs that help young offenders;
- Dan Edwards, Ph.D., president of Evidence-Based Associates (EBA), which helps states with high-quality implementation of MST and other EBPs;
- Tim Goldsmith, Ph. D., chief clinical officer of Youth Villages, which is closely involved in the development and implementation of evidence-based programs, including MST;
- Jeremy C. Kohomban, president and CEO of Children’s Village, an exemplary institution using and developing programs that document positive outcomes;
- Julie Revaz, MSW, manager of Connecticut’s Court Support Services Division, who helped bring evidence-bases programs to the state;
- Ken Warner, former chief of the Children's Behavioral Health Bureau of the New Mexico Children, Youth and Families Department that planned and implemented MST statewide;
- A parent who will talk about her family’s experience participating in MST.
The conference runs from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. MST will waive the $150 pre-conference fee for qualified attendees.
Register online at www.blueprintsconference.com/agenda/pre-conf-mst.html.
For more information on the MST pre-conference, go to http://info.mstservices.com/blueprints-mst-preconference or email Lori.Cohen@mstservices.com.
# # #
Lori Cohen, MST Services, 843-284-5306 firstname.lastname@example.org
Source: MST Services